noreplace unequal categories

Author
olciak
Respected Member (333 reputation)Respected Member (333 reputation)Respected Member (333 reputation)Respected Member (333 reputation)Respected Member (333 reputation)Respected Member (333 reputation)Respected Member (333 reputation)Respected Member (333 reputation)Respected Member (333 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hello,
I'm recently working on the procedure in which I have to display items without replacement from unequal categories. qFURNITURE_S has 2 items, qFURNITURE_M has 3 items and qFURNITURE_W has 5 items.
I tried noreplace and noreplacenorepeat command and both of them don't work (so some of the items are displayed more than once). Also at the trial level I used both commands (noreplace and noreplacenorepeat ) to  make them unrepeatable. Below I pasted the part of the script.
Thanks for your help in advance.
<block FURNITURE>
/trials = [1=firstFURNITURE; 2-11=noreplacenorepeat(qFURNITURE_S,qFURNITURE_M,qFURNITURE_W)]
/bgstim = (categorization,FURNITUREhead)
</block> 
Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
/ trials = [1-8=noreplace(a,b)]

means sample trials a and b in equal proportions. You'll end up with 4 a-trials and 4-b-trials in random order. With

/ trials = [1-9=noreplace(a,a,b)]

you'll end up with twice as many a-trials compared to b-trials; there'll be 6 x a and only 3 x b, again in random order.

The same applies to your situation: You ought to enter trials in the selection pool in the proportions you need. You'll also find this covered in the documentation topic for the /trials attribute and its examples:

The following block randomly selects either testtrial or distractortrial for each of its 12 trials. The testtrial is run exactly 8 time and distractortrial is run 4 times.

<block myblock>
/ trials=[1-12=noreplace(testtrial, testtrial, distractortrial)]
</block>

olciak
olciak
Respected Member (333 reputation)Respected Member (333 reputation)Respected Member (333 reputation)Respected Member (333 reputation)Respected Member (333 reputation)Respected Member (333 reputation)Respected Member (333 reputation)Respected Member (333 reputation)Respected Member (333 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Thank you very much for your replay!
Best,
Olga
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search