Opposition from Amazon when using Inquisit on MTurk

Author
Livio
Partner Member (510 reputation)Partner Member (510 reputation)Partner Member (510 reputation)Partner Member (510 reputation)Partner Member (510 reputation)Partner Member (510 reputation)Partner Member (510 reputation)Partner Member (510 reputation)Partner Member (510 reputation)
Group: Forum Members

Hi all, 

a week ago I ran a survey on MTurk using Inquisit 4 web. However, after I had run the
study, I received a message from Amazon saying that I had violated their policy
of not requiring workers to download and install software and that my account
would be suspended if I continue to post such HITs. Even after
I reminded them of the fact that Inquisit was used in combination with MTurk in
dozens of studies they would not reassess their judgment. I am deeply shocked
by how unfairly they treat requesters and I wonder if others encountered the same silly opposition from Amazon? I mean this is simply ridiculous given that there are currently HITs on MTurk for which workers need to download the Inquisit plugin.

So is anybody here who uses the MTurk subject pool? Has anybody come across the same problem? If yes, how did you make a deal with them? I very much appreciate your feedback!!!

Cheers,

Livio

GeeP
GeeP
Guru (8.6K reputation)Guru (8.6K reputation)Guru (8.6K reputation)Guru (8.6K reputation)Guru (8.6K reputation)Guru (8.6K reputation)Guru (8.6K reputation)Guru (8.6K reputation)Guru (8.6K reputation)

Hi Livio,

Did you have any luck with Amazon, in terms of posting Inquisit studies, since you posted this query on this forum? I was trying to do the same but wasn't sure if it was allowed as yet by Amazon.

Thanks

-G

dcastano
dcastano
Associate Member (271 reputation)Associate Member (271 reputation)Associate Member (271 reputation)Associate Member (271 reputation)Associate Member (271 reputation)Associate Member (271 reputation)Associate Member (271 reputation)Associate Member (271 reputation)Associate Member (271 reputation)
I'm planning on using MTurk to conduct my study next month.  Has anyone been able to run their studies successfully using Mturk?  As noted in other posts and identified in MTurk's policies of "not" allowing workers to download software.  Has this issues been resolved by anyone?  I do need to use crowd sourcing to complete my study.

Thanks,

David

spamgirl
spamgirl
Associate Member (267 reputation)Associate Member (267 reputation)Associate Member (267 reputation)Associate Member (267 reputation)Associate Member (267 reputation)Associate Member (267 reputation)Associate Member (267 reputation)Associate Member (267 reputation)Associate Member (267 reputation)
There is a good reason that Amazon is cracking down on those who require downloads in their HITs:

Want to hijack people's PCs? Pay them a few cents
http://www.engadget.com/2014/06/15/study-on-paid-pc-hijacking/

It’s All About The Benjamins: An empirical study on incentivizing users to ignore security advice

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search