Looking for binocular rivalry script

Author
paughl
Guru (8.6K reputation)Guru (8.6K reputation)Guru (8.6K reputation)Guru (8.6K reputation)Guru (8.6K reputation)Guru (8.6K reputation)Guru (8.6K reputation)Guru (8.6K reputation)Guru (8.6K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi Folks,

I am wanting to build a Continuous Flash Suppression (CFS) experiment - a paradigm very similar to that used for Binocular Rivalry -  using Inquisit. Does anyone have or know of any experiment using Inquisit to deliver Binocular Rivalry or CFS? Would greatly appreciate any leads.

Many thanks,
paul

Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
I'm not aware of any script. However, given that CFS / binocular rivalry for the most part simply involves displaying a series of images (in one eye's visual field) at a certain rate, you should be able to set this up from scratch with some basic knowledge of Inquisit syntax (cf. the tutorials).

If you are going to pull this off in Inquisit 3, note that Inquisit 3 does *not* support image opacity. Often in such paradigms, images in the left & right visual field partially overlap, and the left stimulus is supposed to be visible below the right stimulus in the overlapping area (or vice versa), i.e. the images need to have a certain level of opacity. You'd have to get that done in an image editor of your choice and then simply have Inquisit display the resulting composite images.

Inquisit 4, on the other hand,  *does* support image opacity in formats such as PNG (cf. https://www.millisecond.com/forums/FindPost12495.aspx ).

Edited 10 Years Ago by Dave
paughl
paughl
Guru (8.6K reputation)Guru (8.6K reputation)Guru (8.6K reputation)Guru (8.6K reputation)Guru (8.6K reputation)Guru (8.6K reputation)Guru (8.6K reputation)Guru (8.6K reputation)Guru (8.6K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Thanks Dave, thats helpful
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search