Is there an easy way for participants to quit Inquisit Web early?

Author
watsonian
Associate Member (216 reputation)Associate Member (216 reputation)Associate Member (216 reputation)Associate Member (216 reputation)Associate Member (216 reputation)Associate Member (216 reputation)Associate Member (216 reputation)Associate Member (216 reputation)Associate Member (216 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hello,
I'm putting together a study that includes several scripts batched together.  I want to let participants have the ability to quit early from the study if they want to withdraw, especially given there are multiple tasks so they might just decide its not worth it for them.  I know they can use crtl+Q but they would have to do it for each script in order to actually exit the study.  Is there any shortcut for them to quit the entire batch?

Thanks!

Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
You can make something like this happen by using the script.abort() function in your scripts. It comes with the option to terminate the entire batch:

https://www.millisecond.com/support/docs/v4/html/language/functions/abort.htm

Heidi Umbach Hansen
Heidi Umbach Hansen
Respected Member (434 reputation)Respected Member (434 reputation)Respected Member (434 reputation)Respected Member (434 reputation)Respected Member (434 reputation)Respected Member (434 reputation)Respected Member (434 reputation)Respected Member (434 reputation)Respected Member (434 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Dave - 1/14/2015
You can make something like this happen by using the script.abort() function in your scripts. It comes with the option to terminate the entire batch:

I have the same question - can this command be set at the batch level, so that I don't have to edit every single script?

Heidi
Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
Heidi Umbach Hansen - 3/15/2022
Dave - 1/14/2015

I have the same question - can this command be set at the batch level, so that I don't have to edit every single script?

Heidi

Under Inquisit 4? No. If you are using Inquisit 6, you can make use of <defaults> in batch scripts and define a custom /quitcommand. Or you can make use of the built-in method to abort an entire batch of scripts (CTRL+SHIFT+Q).

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search