Brief IAT and traditional IAT in the same script?

Author
Kala
Esteemed Member (2.3K reputation)Esteemed Member (2.3K reputation)Esteemed Member (2.3K reputation)Esteemed Member (2.3K reputation)Esteemed Member (2.3K reputation)Esteemed Member (2.3K reputation)Esteemed Member (2.3K reputation)Esteemed Member (2.3K reputation)Esteemed Member (2.3K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hello,

I need to run a Brief IAT (BIAT) and traditional IAT (IAT) over the course of my experiment. I also need to randomize the order of the BIAT and IAT.

I was reading about the batch and include commands here (http://www.millisecond.com/support/docs/v4/html/howto/multiplescripts.htm), but it looks like the batch command cannot randomize the order, and the include command may not be compatible with BIAT. Hopefully I am wrong about that, though; any help you can give is appreciated.

Thank you!

Tags
Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
The simple approach is to use <batch> elements (they can randomize, etc. order via /subjects and /groupassignment attributes just like an <expt> does):

<batch>
/ file = "RegularIAT.iqx"
/ file = "BriefIAT.iqx"
/ subjects = (1 of 2)
/ groupassignment = random
</batch>

<batch>
/ file = "BriefIAT.iqx"
/ file = "RegularIAT.iqx"
/ subjects = (2 of 2)
/ groupassignment = random
</batch>

Regarding <include>: The <include> element is not incompatible with anything -- all <include> does is effectively paste ("include") the contents of one file in another file. Using it to combine a regular IAT and a Brief IAT by and large works the same way as detailed in the documentation topic you mentioned.

Edited 9 Years Ago by Dave
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search