Sending markers to Tobii eye trackers

Author
Johannes
Partner Member (710 reputation)Partner Member (710 reputation)Partner Member (710 reputation)Partner Member (710 reputation)Partner Member (710 reputation)Partner Member (710 reputation)Partner Member (710 reputation)Partner Member (710 reputation)Partner Member (710 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi,
I'd like to present a series of trials in which a fixation cross is shown for 1s, followed a picture for 2s, and record eyetracking data throughout each trial (3s in total).
If I do it in the following way, I get what I need in the eytracking datastream: 3-second-duration segments with marker codes :

<trial nor_no>
/ stimulustimes = [1=normal,nor_no_eye]
/ trialduration = 3000
</trial>
('normal' is the picture element, and 'nor_no_eye' is a port element)

Problem is: as soon as I try to include the fixation cross period into the trial, I only get 1s segments and I can't figure out a way to get the whole 3s covered:

<trial nor_no>
/ stimulustimes = [1=fixcross,nor_no_eye,2000=normal,nor_no_eye]
/ trialduration = 3000
</trial>

<trial nor_no>
/ stimulustimes = [1=fixcross,nor_no_eye,2000=normal]
/ trialduration = 3000
</trial>

I tried to set the port element's erase attribute to false, but that didn't help.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Johannes

Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
Johannes - Thursday, February 23, 2017
Hi,
I'd like to present a series of trials in which a fixation cross is shown for 1s, followed a picture for 2s, and record eyetracking data throughout each trial (3s in total).
If I do it in the following way, I get what I need in the eytracking datastream: 3-second-duration segments with marker codes :

<trial nor_no>
/ stimulustimes = [1=normal,nor_no_eye]
/ trialduration = 3000
</trial>
('normal' is the picture element, and 'nor_no_eye' is a port element)

Problem is: as soon as I try to include the fixation cross period into the trial, I only get 1s segments and I can't figure out a way to get the whole 3s covered:

<trial nor_no>
/ stimulustimes = [1=fixcross,nor_no_eye,2000=normal,nor_no_eye]
/ trialduration = 3000
</trial>

<trial nor_no>
/ stimulustimes = [1=fixcross,nor_no_eye,2000=normal]
/ trialduration = 3000
</trial>

I tried to set the port element's erase attribute to false, but that didn't help.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Johannes

Try setting the trial's /beginresponsetime to 0

<trial nor_no>
/ stimulustimes = [0=fixcross,nor_no_eye,2000=normal]
/ trialduration = 3000
/ beginresponsetime = 0
</trial>
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...