Playing a video file

Author
UndergradThesis
Respected Member (316 reputation)Respected Member (316 reputation)Respected Member (316 reputation)Respected Member (316 reputation)Respected Member (316 reputation)Respected Member (316 reputation)Respected Member (316 reputation)Respected Member (316 reputation)Respected Member (316 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hello-
I'm a new user of Inquisit, and I had a question about .avi or video files playing during a slide.
I have this input:

<video countdown>
/ items = ("3countdown.avi")
/ playthrough = true
/ position = (25, 25)
</video>

But I get this error message:
/items: Unable to open file 'C:\Windows\System32\3countdown.avi'.
So can it just not find the file, or is there something else that I'm missing? I would also like the file to play as soon as the page is opened, but that is a moot point considering that the video itself is not working in the first place.

Thank you so much for any help you can offer on this!

Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
#1: You should place the video file in the same location (folder) as the script.
#2: You should place script and the files it relies on in a location where you have sufficient read and write permissions. Suitable locations would be your Desktop folder or your "My Files" directory. Windows' system directories are not suitable locations as modern Windows versions prevent applications as well as regular users from accessing those.

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search