Error message for batch file "missing close tag"

Author
victoriaestrada
Partner Member (808 reputation)Partner Member (808 reputation)Partner Member (808 reputation)Partner Member (808 reputation)Partner Member (808 reputation)Partner Member (808 reputation)Partner Member (808 reputation)Partner Member (808 reputation)Partner Member (808 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I am trying to run a study where participants view 5 separate inquisit files (4 surveys and 1 IAT). I have used the <batch> element before to combine iqx scripts so they run as one, but I am getting the following error when I try to run the webscript I created:

Inquisit encountered errors while attempting to run this study.

TypeScript ContextError Message
https://www.millisecond.com/images/scripterror.pngError/myaccount/scripts/narina/GIS/GIS.iqx.htmlmissing close tag.
The GIS.iqx file looks like this:
<batch>
/ file = "Demo&Trial.iqx"
/ file = "RaceIAT.iqx"
/ file = "MRS.iqx"
/ file = "RWA.iqx"
/ file = "SDO.iqx"
</batch>
I have been unable to find anything wrong with any of the .iqx files (i.e., all close tags are present). I can run the GIS.iqx script in my lab version of Inquisit 4, and it runs fine with test monkey. Any help figuring out this problem would be greatly appreciated!

Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
Get rid of the "&" in the name of the 1st script. Since "&" has special meaning when it comes to URLs, this likely breaks the URL and <batch> when Inquisit tries to fetch those files from the server. Rename it to something like "DemoAndTrial.iqx", upload the renamed file to the server and change / upload the <batch> file accordingly:

<batch>
/ file = "DemoAndTrial.iqx"
/ file = "RaceIAT.iqx"
/ file = "MRS.iqx"
/ file = "RWA.iqx"
/ file = "SDO.iqx"
</batch>

Hope this helps.

victoriaestrada
victoriaestrada
Partner Member (808 reputation)Partner Member (808 reputation)Partner Member (808 reputation)Partner Member (808 reputation)Partner Member (808 reputation)Partner Member (808 reputation)Partner Member (808 reputation)Partner Member (808 reputation)Partner Member (808 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Thank you very much! That is exactly what it was. Everything is running smoothly now!!
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search