Help to modify the Nback in inquisit

Author
maddype
Expert (1K reputation)Expert (1K reputation)Expert (1K reputation)Expert (1K reputation)Expert (1K reputation)Expert (1K reputation)Expert (1K reputation)Expert (1K reputation)Expert (1K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi,

I recently attended a course in Inquisit and downloaded a trial version of it after. My goal was to create a modified version of the 2-back.  
That is, instead of matching the exact shape or letter, we want participants to match the stimulus based on its category
For example, rather than indicating whether the current letter (e.g., B) is the same letter as two trials back, we want participants to indicate whether the current letter is of the same category (i.e., vowel or noun) as the letter two trials back.
We want to have four different conditions. Rather than just having targets and non-targets, it would be "vowels targets", "vowels non-targets", "consonants targets" and "consonants non-targets".

I went through the nback version in the library and read through the codes, tried editing it and got nowhere.
I was wondering if this would be possible in inquisit and if so, how should i edit my codes to match this specification?
If I can get this to work, we would definitely be using inquisit to run our online studies for a version of this task.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance, 
Madeline

Tags
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search