How to link an Inquisit web experiment with an externally created survey

Author
greg
Partner Member (789 reputation)Partner Member (789 reputation)Partner Member (789 reputation)Partner Member (789 reputation)Partner Member (789 reputation)Partner Member (789 reputation)Partner Member (789 reputation)Partner Member (789 reputation)Partner Member (789 reputation)
Group: Forum Members

i got another question concerning this topic

let's say. i got an entrance-link for my inquisit web experiment which looks like this

www.youropinion.com/?subject=121&condition=4

after finishing the experiment, we have to pass back these parameters and in addition some more parameters: one for "completed"

so at the end. we would like to redirect to an url like this

www.marketresearch.com/?subject=121&condition=4&c=1&f=2

c=1 means: completed / f=2 is another parameter

is it possible to add thise parameters (&c=1&f=2) at the end of an experiment?

greg

Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
Greg,

I really don't know if Inquisit Web edition is able to append extra / custom query strings. We'll have to wait for Sean to jump in on this. Intuitively, I'd try to append the extra parameters using a customized finish page with some javascript. Are the additional parameters static or do they have to be changed dynamically?

Best,
~Dave

seandr
seandr
Supreme Being (142K reputation)Supreme Being (142K reputation)Supreme Being (142K reputation)Supreme Being (142K reputation)Supreme Being (142K reputation)Supreme Being (142K reputation)Supreme Being (142K reputation)Supreme Being (142K reputation)Supreme Being (142K reputation)

Greg,

Dave's intuition is correct - just specify the additional query parameters as part of the Finish Page url and they will be included along with any incoming parameters on the original launch page. For example, if your launch page is the following:

http://research.millisecond.com/seandr/PictureIAT/PictureIAT.web?subject=121&condition=4

and you specify a finish page as

http://www.marketresearch.com?c=1&f=2

They will be redirected to

http://www.marketresearch.com?subject=121&condition=4&c=1&f=2

-Sean

greg
greg
Partner Member (789 reputation)Partner Member (789 reputation)Partner Member (789 reputation)Partner Member (789 reputation)Partner Member (789 reputation)Partner Member (789 reputation)Partner Member (789 reputation)Partner Member (789 reputation)Partner Member (789 reputation)

my additional parameters are static.

thanks a lot!

greg
greg

if a problem is solved, the next one appears ;-)

if a person quits the survey [alt-F4] he/she will be nevertheless forwarded to the finish page and gets the completed parameter although he/she has not finished the survey.

for this reason, it would be nice to have the opportunity to redirect the probands to two different finish pages. one for the complets, they get &c=1 and another one for the droped out, they dont geht the &c=1

any ideas how to realize this setup?

thanks

greg

Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Dave's intuition is correct - just specify the additional query parameters as part of the Finish Page url and they will be included along with any incoming parameters on the original launch page.

Wow, that's actually much easier than I thought it would be - cool feature, Sean!

seandr
seandr
Supreme Being (142K reputation)Supreme Being (142K reputation)Supreme Being (142K reputation)Supreme Being (142K reputation)Supreme Being (142K reputation)Supreme Being (142K reputation)Supreme Being (142K reputation)Supreme Being (142K reputation)Supreme Being (142K reputation)

Greg,

If the person bails out of the experiment, it should not forward them to the Finish page. Is that what you are observing?

There really isn't any way to configure this - it should just work.

-Sean

greg
greg

If the person bails out of the experiment, it should not forward them to the Finish page. Is that what you are observing?

yes. exactly. they quit by pressing ALT-F4 and will be forwarded to the finish page.

There really isn't any way to configure this - it should just work.

unfortunately. it's not working here...

seandr
seandr

This should now be fixed in 3.0.3.1. You can download the desktop version here:

http://www.millisecond.com/download/win/Inquisit_3031.exe

The web version is included in the list on the script registration wizard.

-Sean

thomas
thomas
Partner Member (997 reputation)Partner Member (997 reputation)Partner Member (997 reputation)Partner Member (997 reputation)Partner Member (997 reputation)Partner Member (997 reputation)Partner Member (997 reputation)Partner Member (997 reputation)Partner Member (997 reputation)
Hi all,

I have encountered a problem with regard to the use of query parameters.

My experiment is linked with Unipark. The procedure outlined by Sean - passing the ticket to Inquisit and redirecting it back to Unipark - generally works well, at least in 90% of the cases. Unfortunately, when I take a look into the dataset, 10% of my participants have subjectnumber = 1. From their IP-addresses I can see that they are all different users.

Apparently, the problem is the following: Some people have to download additional software in order to start the experiment. Having installed these applets, the start-page refreshes itself and thereby automatically changes the query parameter to "1".

My link has the general form:
http://research.millisecond.com/gesis/wahl.web?a=y&return_tic=z,
where a is the query parameter.

Is there any possibility to fix this problem? I would really appreciate your help.

Thomas

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search