How to link an Inquisit web experiment with an externally created survey

Author
seandr
Supreme Being (142K reputation)Supreme Being (142K reputation)Supreme Being (142K reputation)Supreme Being (142K reputation)Supreme Being (142K reputation)Supreme Being (142K reputation)Supreme Being (142K reputation)Supreme Being (142K reputation)Supreme Being (142K reputation)
Group: Administrators
Thomas,

Thanks for reporting both the problem and the circumstances in which it arises. I've fixed the bug in versions 3.0.3.2 and 3.0.4.0 of the launch page. Now when the participant hits the refresh link, the query parameters are no longer lost.

If you are using an older version of Inquisit, you can update to either of the fixed versions by clicking the Settings link by your script on the web registration page: http://www.millisecond.com/myaccount/webscripts.aspx

Let me know if you see any more issues.

Regards,
Sean

thomas
thomas
Expert (1K reputation)Expert (1K reputation)Expert (1K reputation)Expert (1K reputation)Expert (1K reputation)Expert (1K reputation)Expert (1K reputation)Expert (1K reputation)Expert (1K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hello Sean,

thank you for your quick and helpful response.

Still, I am little confused, since I am currently using the 3.0.3.2 version, but the problem occured nevertheless. I will now try the 3.0.4.0 version, and will inform you in case of further troubles.

Best regards,
Thomas

seandr
seandr
Supreme Being (142K reputation)Supreme Being (142K reputation)Supreme Being (142K reputation)Supreme Being (142K reputation)Supreme Being (142K reputation)Supreme Being (142K reputation)Supreme Being (142K reputation)Supreme Being (142K reputation)Supreme Being (142K reputation)
Thomas,

This happened after I posted the fix?

It's possible that when you browse to the launch page, Firefox is just loading it from the browser cache rather than downloading the new version. Try selecting Tools->Clear Private Data and checking the Cache checkbox.

Otherwise, there may be another way to reproduce this bug that I'm not aware of. Can you tell me what steps you took to test it out? My assumption was that you clicked the Refresh link when installing the Mozilla plugin - that should now be fixed.

-Sean

That could mean
thomas
thomas
Expert (1K reputation)Expert (1K reputation)Expert (1K reputation)Expert (1K reputation)Expert (1K reputation)Expert (1K reputation)Expert (1K reputation)Expert (1K reputation)Expert (1K reputation)
Hi Sean,

I am sorry, I misunderstood your posting. I thought the problem was already fixed in the 3.0.3.2 version at the time when I was running my experiment (since I was already using the 3.0.3.2 version). Now, everything looks good, and I am confident with regard to the second wave of data collection!

Thanks a lot!
Thomas

toonkuppens
toonkuppens
Partner Member (597 reputation)Partner Member (597 reputation)Partner Member (597 reputation)Partner Member (597 reputation)Partner Member (597 reputation)Partner Member (597 reputation)Partner Member (597 reputation)Partner Member (597 reputation)Partner Member (597 reputation)

I have a question related to this topic. Can Inquisit web use information coming from an external survey (other than the subject number) to have participants skip questions or blocks?

For example, if the link from the external survey to Inquisit is http://research.millisecond.com/sniffles/myexperiment.web?subjectnumber=134&condition=3, can the variable 'condition' be used in Inquisit to present different blocks or questions to participants? In my case, participants with the value '1' on condition should skip a few blocks.

I have successfully linked my Unipark survey with the Inquisit web part (an IAT and some questions), but when I use "/ skip = [condition==1]" there is an error message: "Expression 'condition' is invalid. Expression contains an unknown element or property name."When I leave the skip statement out, everything works fine.

When running on the desktop this error of course makes sense because there is no 'condition' variable in the script, but I was hoping that in the web version Inquisit would recognize the 'condition' variable from the URL.

Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)

I have a question related to this topic. Can Inquisit web use information coming from an external survey (other than the subject number) to have participants skip questions or blocks?

For example, if the link from the external survey to Inquisit is http://research.millisecond.com/sniffles/myexperiment.web?subjectnumber=134&condition=3, can the variable 'condition' be used in Inquisit to present different blocks or questions to participants? In my case, participants with the value '1' on condition should skip a few blocks.

No, that's not currently possible.

toonkuppens
toonkuppens
Partner Member (597 reputation)Partner Member (597 reputation)Partner Member (597 reputation)Partner Member (597 reputation)Partner Member (597 reputation)Partner Member (597 reputation)Partner Member (597 reputation)Partner Member (597 reputation)Partner Member (597 reputation)

thanks for the fast reply!

kuchara
kuchara
Partner Member (660 reputation)Partner Member (660 reputation)Partner Member (660 reputation)Partner Member (660 reputation)Partner Member (660 reputation)Partner Member (660 reputation)Partner Member (660 reputation)Partner Member (660 reputation)Partner Member (660 reputation)

Hi there,

I am a little bit confused -  if I use Inquisit for conducting internet survey can I use the <variables> option in
<expt>  for latin square selection (depending on participant's number)?

Best,

Kasia

Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)

Yes, you can.

kuchara
kuchara
Partner Member (660 reputation)Partner Member (660 reputation)Partner Member (660 reputation)Partner Member (660 reputation)Partner Member (660 reputation)Partner Member (660 reputation)Partner Member (660 reputation)Partner Member (660 reputation)Partner Member (660 reputation)

What a relief..[:)]  Thank you!

Kasia

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search