Reponse - dead man's switch

Author
mrg4
Distinguished Member (4K reputation)Distinguished Member (4K reputation)Distinguished Member (4K reputation)Distinguished Member (4K reputation)Distinguished Member (4K reputation)Distinguished Member (4K reputation)Distinguished Member (4K reputation)Distinguished Member (4K reputation)Distinguished Member (4K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi,

for an experiment we want to use a different form of response than usual. We want the participant to press a key in order to start a video sequence and that he keeps pressing the key throughout the clip. Whenever a critial situation occurs he should lift his finger. This procedure is quite similar to a "dead man's switch".

I found no solution to this approch, so I hope you can help us.

Thanks,
Dominik

Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
If you are using Inquisit 3 (which I assume, because you posted in the Inquisit 3 forum), this is not possible: Inquisit 3 does not have the capability to register key releases.

Inquisit 4, on the other hand, does have that capability. To define a key release as response, you prepend a minus-sign to the respective key's scan code.

<trial mytrial>
/ validresponse = (-57)
</trial>

would consider the release of the space bar a valid response.

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search