Inquisit 3 Web Experiment Launch Issue

Author
tmd
Partner Member (524 reputation)Partner Member (524 reputation)Partner Member (524 reputation)Partner Member (524 reputation)Partner Member (524 reputation)Partner Member (524 reputation)Partner Member (524 reputation)Partner Member (524 reputation)Partner Member (524 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hello, 

I am trying to use launch an experiment using the web player (version 3). I have no issues running the experiment through the desktop version, but when I use Safari, I get a message saying that the current operating system is not supported, and when I use Chrome, the Start button quickly disappears. Someone else tried to run the study from their PC (I am on a Mac), and they had the disappearing start button issue as well. 

I would list all the specs, but that seems like a waste of space. I have no idea what I could be doing wrong, so if you just tell me what to post to help figure this issue out, I will. I apologize for not knowing what to supply off that bat, this is my first time using this, and I have not read about a similar issue while I was combing through FAQs and forum advice. 

Thank you in advance for your help!
Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
Inquisit 3 (Web and Desktop) has always been a Windows-only application. It will not work on Macs.

It also will not work under Chrome on Windows anymore, because Chrome has removed any and all plugin support.

If you need compatibility with current browsers under both Windows and OSX, you will have to upgrade to Inquisit 4 Web or above.

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search