Refresh rate

Author
babj
Expert (1.3K reputation)Expert (1.3K reputation)Expert (1.3K reputation)Expert (1.3K reputation)Expert (1.3K reputation)Expert (1.3K reputation)Expert (1.3K reputation)Expert (1.3K reputation)Expert (1.3K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I'm having some trouble setting the refresh rate for an experiment. Using the arguments for the displaymode attribute (http://www.millisecond.com/support/docs/v4/html/language/attributes/displaymode.htm), I set the refresh rate to a number used by other researchers (refreshrate = 120), and I get the following error message:

120 is invalid. Value must be an integer from 1 to -1.

Why am I getting this error and why would I want to express a refresh rate between 1 and -1?

Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
Displaymode is deprecated -- setting resolution and refresh rate has never been properly supported by most graphics cards / their drivers. Moreover, most displays (LCDs, etc.) around these days cannot be set to arbitrary refresh rates; there aren't many LCDs that support running at 120Hz at all, most devices you'll encounter will run at 60Hz and cannot run at any higher rate. If in a lab, make sure your display is able to run at 120Hz and set it to that rate via the standard means provided by the OS (i.e. outside of Inquisit).

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search