Problem with Space bar in Inquisit Web

Author
Economist
Associate Member (190 reputation)Associate Member (190 reputation)Associate Member (190 reputation)Associate Member (190 reputation)Associate Member (190 reputation)Associate Member (190 reputation)Associate Member (190 reputation)Associate Member (190 reputation)Associate Member (190 reputation)
Group: Awaiting Activation

Hi,
I am new to the forum and Inquisit. We are trying to run a few scripts from the test library in Inquisit 5 Web using IE or Chrome. However, for some reason, the program does not respond when I press "space bar" (SRT Visual, CPT Rosvold, Mental Arithmetic Task). Any tips to fix this would be highly appreciated. Thank you so much,.
Best wishes,
M

Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
I seem to be unable to reproduce this. It may be something as simple as some other application stealing the focus (and thus input) from Inquisit. You can use the standard ALT-TAB Windows key combination to make sure the Inquisit window is activated. If that does not help, could you please provide the following information:

(1) The operating system(s) (type and version) for the respective systems.
(2) The exact IE and Chrome versions.
(3) Does the same problem occur when running the tasks using Inquisit 4 Web? E.g. https://www.millisecond.com/download/library/v4/SimpleReactionTime/SRTVisual.web
(4) Does the problem occur when running the tasks using Inquisit 5 Lab on those systems?
(5) What is the keyboard scancode returned on your system for the spacebar (select Tools -> Keyboard Scancodes... in Inquisit Lab)?

Thanks!

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search