Upload to web crashing with many files

Author
sdubrow
Distinguished Member (4.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.8K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hello,

I am trying to test a web version of my script. When uploading my image files, the pages crashes. It seems I can upload a few images at a time. So I'm wondering if there is a limit in the number of files that can be uploaded and/or their size. 

Any advice would be appreciated. 

Thanks!
Sarah
Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
There is both an overall storage limit (~ 40 MB) per experiment as well as a cap in the upload components (~ 20 MB at once, if I am not mistaken) as a security measure / to prevent certain types of attacks on the server. Depending on the number of files you are aiming to upload and their respective sizes, it may well be that you are hitting one or both of those limits. Uploading the files in smaller chunks would be the way to deal with the uploader cap. If the total storage amount required exceeds the 40 MB limit, hosting those files on your own web space would be a viable option.

Hope this helps.

sdubrow
sdubrow
Distinguished Member (4.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.8K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Thanks! Uploading 20mb at a time worked. 

Follow-up question -- what should the file paths be for the web scripts since the files are uploaded with them? Just the file name without a path?
Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
If you are hosting files on the millisecond.com server, you do not need to provide any path information, only the file name:

<picture mypicture>
/ items = myitems
</picture>

<item myitems>
/ 1 = "a.jpg"
/ 2 = "b.jpg"
</item>

When hosting files elsewhere -- e.g. your own web space -- you need to include the full URL, e.g.:

<item myitems>
/ 1 = "http://www.myserver.com/myimages/a.jpg"
/ 2 = "http://www.myserver.com/myimages/b.jpg"
</item>

Hope this helps.

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore