Search the contents of Inquisit files in Windows?

Author
Jeff
Guru (8.8K reputation)Guru (8.8K reputation)Guru (8.8K reputation)Guru (8.8K reputation)Guru (8.8K reputation)Guru (8.8K reputation)Guru (8.8K reputation)Guru (8.8K reputation)Guru (8.8K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi. When I'm troubleshooting a section of code, I often subset the experiment to only run the part of the code that I'm testing to save time. So for example, if my final experiment will look like this: 

<expt ELSMC_Validation_ShortForm>
/ blocks = [ 1= block1; 2=block2; 3=block3; 4=block4;]
</expt>

When I'm developing block4, I might subset out the first 3 blocks with a comment to myself: 

Jeff replace
/ blocks = [ 1= block1; 2=block2; 3=block3; 4=block4;]
<expt ELSMC_Validation_ShortForm>
/ blocks = [ 1=block4;]
</expt>

When I'm done, I search for "Jeff" and make the appropriate changes. Lately I've been running through lots and lots of scripts and I want to double-check to make sure I didn't miss any. Unfortunately, when I do a windows search for "name:.exp contents:Jeff", it doesn't work because you can't search the contents of .exp or .iqx files. 

TL;DR: Is there a way in Windows to search the contents of Inquisit files for a certain keyword or phrase? 

Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
*.exp or *.iqx files are text files. You have to tell Windows' search indexer to treat them as such and index their contents.

https://forums.pcpitstop.com/index.php?/topic/198327-add-new-file-extensions-to-windows-search/

Jeff
Jeff
Guru (8.8K reputation)Guru (8.8K reputation)Guru (8.8K reputation)Guru (8.8K reputation)Guru (8.8K reputation)Guru (8.8K reputation)Guru (8.8K reputation)Guru (8.8K reputation)Guru (8.8K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
After some searching, I also found that another great solution is to use the Search capabilities of Notepad++
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search