Trigger Emails

Author
saudrain
Expert (1.2K reputation)Expert (1.2K reputation)Expert (1.2K reputation)Expert (1.2K reputation)Expert (1.2K reputation)Expert (1.2K reputation)Expert (1.2K reputation)Expert (1.2K reputation)Expert (1.2K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi there, 

I am trying to create an experiment wherein participants study a set of images, and are tested on those images after a specific amount of time (on the order of hours to days) has passed.

I was wondering if trigger emails are an option in Inquisit. Ideally I would want it so that when participants reach the end of a study session,  they are automatically sent an email with a link to the test/second half of the experiment x hours later, effectively automating the process so I don't have to manually send them the second half of the experiment. I know something like this would be possible using a software like Boomerang, but I'm wondering if there is a way to either do this directly in Inquisit or link up Inquisit with external software that can do this. Any thoughts?

Tags
Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
Inquisit (Web) by itself does not have the capability to send emails. What you'd have to do is re-direct participants to some sort of 3rd party service and have them enter their email address there after the 1st Inquisit experiment / session. That service would then have to take care of sending out the trigger email to the participant X amount of time after s/he visited. I imagine that some web-survey platforms (e.g. Qualtrics, SurveyMonkey) offer such functionality. If not and you're somewhat familiar with web programming, this shouldn't be too hard to set up from scratch either. You'd need a simple web server that
(1) Serves a simple web form for participants to enter their email address,
(2) Stores the address and the time it was entered in a simple database,
(3) A simple script that calculates the time to send out the trigger email based on the time of entry,
(4) and goes through the database in regular intervals and sends out any pending emails.

In essence, something similar to what's discussed e.g. here: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/2571658/how-to-schedule-emails-to-send-out

Hope this helps.

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search