Inquisit IOS App Data Loss?

Author
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
zajac - Wednesday, May 3, 2017
Dave - Wednesday, April 19, 2017
zajac - Wednesday, April 19, 2017
That response should say "WITHOUT" deleting the old version.

If you

1) Shut down Inquisit
2) Updated
3) Restarted Inquisit

any offline files on the device should be shown in the data tab. They should then disappear one at a time, about ever 5-10 seconds as they are uploaded.
If Inquisit was still running while you updated, it will still run the prior version. You'd have to shut it down and restart to the run the new version.

Can you confirm that you've done this? Also, what is the link to the experiment's launch page in question and which data files specifically do you think are missing?

Thanks.

Dave - sorry for the slow reply. We've been flat out in the clinic.

Initially, this didn't appear to have happened.  When I checked the morning of updating, the data were not there.  However, I've just downloaded all the data today and they have now appeared online. I suspect they were queued and just took longer than I expected.

Thanks!

That's a great relief to hear -- thank you for the update! And yes, the processing / upload can take some time, especially if it involves a relatively large number of files.

zajac
zajac
Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Dave - Wednesday, April 19, 2017

If you

1) Shut down Inquisit
2) Updated
3) Restarted Inquisit

any offline files on the device should be shown in the data tab. They should then disappear one at a time, about ever 5-10 seconds as they are uploaded.
If Inquisit was still running while you updated, it will still run the prior version. You'd have to shut it down and restart to the run the new version.

Can you confirm that you've done this? Also, what is the link to the experiment's launch page in question and which data files specifically do you think are missing?

Thanks.

Dave - sorry for the slow reply. We've been flat out in the clinic.

Initially, this didn't appear to have happened.  When I checked the morning of updating, the data were not there.  However, I've just downloaded all the data today and they have now appeared online. I suspect they were queued and just took longer than I expected.

Thanks!

Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)

If you

1) Shut down Inquisit
2) Updated
3) Restarted Inquisit

Thanks.

zajac
zajac
Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)
zajac
zajac
I updated all iPads this morning with deleting the previous version. When I open the updated apps there are no data files appearing from yesterday.  I purchased a wireless dongle today and have been running them connected to WiFi so the data uploads immediately but it seems I have still lost a lot of data from yesterday?
Dave
Dave
zajac - Monday, April 17, 2017
Hi all

We launched a study today and tested >20 children with some inquisit tasks using the iOS player on ipads. Towards the end of the testing session some of the stimuli weren't displaying correctly. Therefore, the app was killed (double click home button, then swipe up).  

I have since logged in to upload data because we are offline in the clinic. The data for all of the previous participants is lost.  Can you confirm this to be the case?  This seems crazy that the app would dump the data.  Can you please advise if there is any way to get this back? Also, I didn't see any warnings about this happening anywhere.  Maybe this could be rectified as this was a huge waste of time and effort.

Thanks
Ian.

There was an issue under iOS where In some cases files could be removed from the visible list in the player app even if they haven't yet been successfully uploaded.
If you update the player to the latest version (5.0.7.0, released at the end of last week), those files should be displayed properly again.

To be on the safe side, you might want to back up the devices before updating. Importantly: Do not remove the Inquisit Player app from the device - if the data files are still in the app's cache, deleting the app would also delete them.

Please give this a try, let me know what you find and we'll take it from there.

zajac
zajac
Hi all

We launched a study today and tested >20 children with some inquisit tasks using the iOS player on ipads. Towards the end of the testing session some of the stimuli weren't displaying correctly. Therefore, the app was killed (double click home button, then swipe up).  

I have since logged in to upload data because we are offline in the clinic. The data for all of the previous participants is lost.  Can you confirm this to be the case?  This seems crazy that the app would dump the data.  Can you please advise if there is any way to get this back? Also, I didn't see any warnings about this happening anywhere.  Maybe this could be rectified as this was a huge waste of time and effort.

Thanks
Ian.

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search