Prevent/change that SC-IAT cannot be stopped during task

Author
carolin.m
Esteemed Member (2.1K reputation)Esteemed Member (2.1K reputation)Esteemed Member (2.1K reputation)Esteemed Member (2.1K reputation)Esteemed Member (2.1K reputation)Esteemed Member (2.1K reputation)Esteemed Member (2.1K reputation)Esteemed Member (2.1K reputation)Esteemed Member (2.1K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hello,

I assume that it is a default setting that participants cannot stop the SC-IAT or perfom other activities while performing the task (and I also get the idea behind this).

However as the research company we work with does not allow for this, I wonder if there is any option to change/adjust this option and if so where in the script can I find it?

Thanks a lot in advance!

Carolin

carolin.m
carolin.m
Esteemed Member (2.1K reputation)Esteemed Member (2.1K reputation)Esteemed Member (2.1K reputation)Esteemed Member (2.1K reputation)Esteemed Member (2.1K reputation)Esteemed Member (2.1K reputation)Esteemed Member (2.1K reputation)Esteemed Member (2.1K reputation)Esteemed Member (2.1K reputation)
carolin.m - Wednesday, May 24, 2017
Hello,

I assume that it is a default setting that participants cannot stop the SC-IAT or perfom other activities while performing the task (and I also get the idea behind this).

However as the research company we work with does not allow for this, I wonder if there is any option to change/adjust this option and if so where in the script can I find it?

Thanks a lot in advance!

Carolin

I just realized that this is possible via Ctrl+q.
However is it possible that participants do not get forwarded to the same page as a person who completed the SC-IAT?

Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
Hello,

Thanks a lot in advance!

Carolin

However is it possible that participants do not get forwarded to the same page as a person who completed the SC-IAT?

No, not really. Under narrow circumstances one can cobble something together (e.g. set the defaults.finishpage property dynamically in the script based if some condition is met), but the approach has certain limits (query parameters are lost and it may not be possible to reconstruct them all) and it significantly complicates matters.

To say more, I'd need the details of your specific set up: What information are you passing in to the launch page (subject identifier, etc.), where do you want or need to redirect to (in case of completion vs non-completion), what information do you need to pass on when redirecting, etc.

carolin.m
carolin.m
Dave - Wednesday, May 24, 2017
Hello,

Thanks a lot in advance!

Carolin

No, not really. Under narrow circumstances one can cobble something together (e.g. set the defaults.finishpage property dynamically in the script based if some condition is met), but the approach has certain limits (query parameters are lost and it may not be possible to reconstruct them all) and it significantly complicates matters.

To say more, I'd need the details of your specific set up: What information are you passing in to the launch page (subject identifier, etc.), where do you want or need to redirect to (in case of completion vs non-completion), what information do you need to pass on when redirecting, etc.

Thanks for the quick reply!
I am passing a subject identifier and a study identifier to the launch page and would like to redirect the participants who terminated the experiment to a site where the termination gets registered. This site of course must register the subject and study identifier.

Do you see any possibility to do that?

Otherwise: If they don't quit via CTRL+Q but I adjust the window-size and they close it by themselves, do they also get forwarded to the same link as participants who completed the task?

Many thanks!

Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
Dave - Wednesday, May 24, 2017
Hello,

Thanks a lot in advance!

Carolin

Thanks for the quick reply!
I am passing a subject identifier and a study identifier to the launch page and would like to redirect the participants who terminated the experiment to a site where the termination gets registered. This site of course must register the subject and study identifier.

Do you see any possibility to do that?

Otherwise: If they don't quit via CTRL+Q but I adjust the window-size and they close it by themselves, do they also get forwarded to the same link as participants who completed the task?

Many thanks!

The problem would be the study identifier you pass in. While the script will "know" the subject identifier (because, I assume, you use it as the script's subjectid), the script probably does not "know" the study identifier -- and hence would not be able to reconstruct the information when dynamically setting the finishpage (i.e. URL to redirect to). If the study identifier is fixed, then one could hard code it into the script (i.e. it would not rely on the study identifier being passed in via query parameter); if the study identifier varies, however, then I unfortunately don't see a way to do it.

Adjusting the windowsize may be an option. Note that the effect of merely closing the window would be *no redirection at all*

Edited 7 Years Ago by Dave
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search