IAT with target item provided by participants AND core set of target items

IAT with target item provided by participants AND core set of target...
Author
A_Natoli
Associate Member (235 reputation)Associate Member (235 reputation)Associate Member (235 reputation)Associate Member (235 reputation)Associate Member (235 reputation)Associate Member (235 reputation)Associate Member (235 reputation)Associate Member (235 reputation)Associate Member (235 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hello,

I am attempting to include a core set of target items (standard) and a single item provided by the participant at the start of the IAT.  However, I am having trouble doing this; I can run the IAT with a core set of target items (i.e., "me" "I am" 'myself") or with the target item I have the participant provide (i.e., his/her first name), but I cannot figure out how to combine this.  That is, I want the four target items to be "me," "I am," "myself," and the participant's first name that they provide.

The two codes I have are as follows:

**For the core set of target items**
<item targetA>
/1 = "me"
/2 = "I am"
/3 = "myself"
</item>

**For the participant provided item**
<item targetA>
/items = getItemsTargetA
</item>

<item getItemsTargetInstructions>
/ 1 = "Please enter  your first name."
</item>

Can anyone help me so that I can use both the core set of target items and the single item provided by the participant together?

Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
A_Natoli - Wednesday, May 31, 2017
Hello,

I am attempting to include a core set of target items (standard) and a single item provided by the participant at the start of the IAT.  However, I am having trouble doing this; I can run the IAT with a core set of target items (i.e., "me" "I am" 'myself") or with the target item I have the participant provide (i.e., his/her first name), but I cannot figure out how to combine this.  That is, I want the four target items to be "me," "I am," "myself," and the participant's first name that they provide.

<item targetA>
/1 = "me"
/2 = "I am"
/3 = "myself"
</item>

<item targetA>
/items = getItemsTargetA
</item>

</item>

Can anyone help me so that I can use both the core set of target items and the single item provided by the participant together?

You define something like

<item targetA>
/1 = "placeholder"
/2 = "me"
/3 = "I am"
/4 = "myself"
</item>

Then run an <openended> trial at the start to collect the name. Replace the 1st item in <item targetA> with the response.

<openended name>
/ stimulusframes = [1=yourname]
/ ontrialend = [item.targeta.setitem(openended.name.response,1)]
</openended>

Edited 7 Years Ago by Dave
A_Natoli
A_Natoli
Associate Member (235 reputation)Associate Member (235 reputation)Associate Member (235 reputation)Associate Member (235 reputation)Associate Member (235 reputation)Associate Member (235 reputation)Associate Member (235 reputation)Associate Member (235 reputation)Associate Member (235 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Dave - Wednesday, May 31, 2017
A_Natoli - Wednesday, May 31, 2017
Hello,

<item targetA>
/1 = "me"
/2 = "I am"
/3 = "myself"
</item>

<item targetA>
/items = getItemsTargetA
</item>

</item>

You define something like

<item targetA>
/1 = "placeholder"
/2 = "me"
/3 = "I am"
/4 = "myself"
</item>

Then run an <openended> trial at the start to collect the name. Replace the 1st item in <item targetA> with the response.

<openended name>
/ stimulusframes = [1=yourname]
/ ontrialend = [item.targeta.setitem(openended.name.response,1)]
</openended>

I had to mess around for a little but I was able to make it work.  Thank you!
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search