Restarting Stimulus Position

Author
Psych_Josh
Guru (11K reputation)Guru (11K reputation)Guru (11K reputation)Guru (11K reputation)Guru (11K reputation)Guru (11K reputation)Guru (11K reputation)Guru (11K reputation)Guru (11K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Dear Inquisit,

Currently I have a script whereby the mouse controls a cursor (a small black ball), with a sentence attached to it. The participant is tasked with clicking where they would like to place the cursor (and subsequently, the sentence) for 8 different trials. This is a script largely drawn from the Spatial Delayed Response Task within the Millisecond library (and therefore contains written code that is well beyond my programming level). The task works, however the cursor's starting position for each trial is the location chosen to place the cursor form the trial previous. Ideally, I would like the cursor's position to restart from the same position each time (i.e., display.width/2, display.height/1.5), however any attempts to create this results in the ideal position of the cursor, but the cursor no longer responds to mouse movements.

I have attached my script - if you would like me to post anything specific from the script in here for reference I can, but honestly I do not know which parts would be relevant. Any direction or help would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks in advance,
Josh

Attachments
spatial_binding_3009.iqx (564 views, 93.00 KB)
Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
Psych_Josh - Tuesday, October 3, 2017
Dear Inquisit,

Currently I have a script whereby the mouse controls a cursor (a small black ball), with a sentence attached to it. The participant is tasked with clicking where they would like to place the cursor (and subsequently, the sentence) for 8 different trials. This is a script largely drawn from the Spatial Delayed Response Task within the Millisecond library (and therefore contains written code that is well beyond my programming level). The task works, however the cursor's starting position for each trial is the location chosen to place the cursor form the trial previous. Ideally, I would like the cursor's position to restart from the same position each time (i.e., display.width/2, display.height/1.5), however any attempts to create this results in the ideal position of the cursor, but the cursor no longer responds to mouse movements.

I have attached my script - if you would like me to post anything specific from the script in here for reference I can, but honestly I do not know which parts would be relevant. Any direction or help would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks in advance,
Josh

Create another trial that displays some clickable stimulus at the desired cursor start position. Run that trial at the start of each round, thus forcing the participant to place the mouse / cursor where you want it to be and start from there.

To illustrate, see the attached script based on yours. Run the "debug" block and see how the "startDC1" trial is invoked.

Hope this helps.

Attachments
spatial_binding_3009.iqx (551 views, 94.00 KB)
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search