Visual Digit Span Test Script Errors

Author
oasistree
Respected Member (344 reputation)Respected Member (344 reputation)Respected Member (344 reputation)Respected Member (344 reputation)Respected Member (344 reputation)Respected Member (344 reputation)Respected Member (344 reputation)Respected Member (344 reputation)Respected Member (344 reputation)
Group: Awaiting Activation
Hi everyone,
I was hoping to use the Inquisit 3 version of the Visual Digit Span Test due to lab constraints. However, the script has several severe errors. 
1. Trial feedback is wrong. Even when I put the correct response (numbers in forward or backward order), the feedback is always “incorrect”. I thought it has something to do with the branch ...else function, but I was not able to fix it.
2. There is only 1 trial for the forward task and 1 trial for the backward task--basically the script is broken. It needs to have 14 trials (max) or it returns when participants make 2 consecutive errors.

Any suggestions would be highly appreciated!

Thank you!

Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
oasistree - Friday, November 17, 2017
Hi everyone,
I was hoping to use the Inquisit 3 version of the Visual Digit Span Test due to lab constraints. However, the script has several severe errors. 
1. Trial feedback is wrong. Even when I put the correct response (numbers in forward or backward order), the feedback is always “incorrect”. I thought it has something to do with the branch ...else function, but I was not able to fix it.
2. There is only 1 trial for the forward task and 1 trial for the backward task--basically the script is broken. It needs to have 14 trials (max) or it returns when participants make 2 consecutive errors.

Thank you!

> 1. Trial feedback is wrong. Even when I put the correct response (numbers in forward or backward order), the feedback is always “incorrect”.
> I thought it has something to do with the branch ...else function, but I was not able to fix it.

I am unable to reproduce this. I tested the script under Inquisit 3, and I get accurate feedback.

> 2. There is only 1 trial for the forward task and 1 trial for the backward task--basically the script is broken. It needs to have 14 trials (max)
> or it returns when participants make 2 consecutive errors.

I am unable to reproduce this under Inquisit 3 as well. The script runs properly, i.e. doesn't stop after a single trial for me, but instead increases or decreases difficulty as intended.

I suspect you may be using an extremely outdated Inquisit 3 version. You _should_ be using version 3.0.6.0, which you can download via the archives at
https://www.millisecond.com/download/archives.aspx

oasistree
oasistree
Respected Member (344 reputation)Respected Member (344 reputation)Respected Member (344 reputation)Respected Member (344 reputation)Respected Member (344 reputation)Respected Member (344 reputation)Respected Member (344 reputation)Respected Member (344 reputation)Respected Member (344 reputation)
Group: Awaiting Activation
Dave - Friday, November 17, 2017
oasistree - Friday, November 17, 2017
Hi everyone,

Thank you!

> 1. Trial feedback is wrong. Even when I put the correct response (numbers in forward or backward order), the feedback is always “incorrect”.
> I thought it has something to do with the branch ...else function, but I was not able to fix it.

I am unable to reproduce this. I tested the script under Inquisit 3, and I get accurate feedback.

> 2. There is only 1 trial for the forward task and 1 trial for the backward task--basically the script is broken. It needs to have 14 trials (max)
> or it returns when participants make 2 consecutive errors.

I am unable to reproduce this under Inquisit 3 as well. The script runs properly, i.e. doesn't stop after a single trial for me, but instead increases or decreases difficulty as intended.

I suspect you may be using an extremely outdated Inquisit 3 version. You _should_ be using version 3.0.6.0, which you can download via the archives at
https://www.millisecond.com/download/archives.aspx

Ah I see! Thanks for the quick reply!!!

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search