Random stimuli sets

Author
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
I know the timer is simplistic and functional. Just one catch: I'm not familiar with flash, so I won't be able to fully integrate the timer into my script. And since we want total control (sounds really bad), I think hard-scripting it is the only method here. And since I do know a little Python, hard-scripting isn't all that bad since Python makes the <item>-element :)

If you really want to use method I outlined and tell me exactly what you'd need, I'd even consider doing the flash part for you. Shouldn't be too much work.

What form would you like the Tower to have? More flashy?

I'm not so much concerned about the looks of the script. But the underlying code is a bit crude (i.e. not very elegant) in some places and there are some redundancies I'd have to sort out. It's definitely not something I'd make available to others in its current form. On the other hand: The script does what it's supposed to do - even in its current, unpolished state.

And I'll hear from you soon than, but as mentioned: take your time!

I can't see myself getting around to it in the next few days. And since you already have a functional version up and running, I'll definitely take my time...

Best,
~Dave

Barbara
Barbara
Partner Member (682 reputation)Partner Member (682 reputation)Partner Member (682 reputation)Partner Member (682 reputation)Partner Member (682 reputation)Partner Member (682 reputation)Partner Member (682 reputation)Partner Member (682 reputation)Partner Member (682 reputation)
Group: Forum Members

Hi Dave,

I want to make an experiment where continious information about the time elapsed it's provide. Following your advices, I used <video> and /bgstim command, but my video is to large and low quality. I don't know if it's possible, but could you send me your flash file and an example script, please?

Thank you very much for your help, and sorry for my english,

Barbara.

Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)

The file along with a demo script is available for download at my profile page:

http://www.millisecond.com/community/members/Dave/files/ToH_5F00_Rev2_5F00_Timer.zip.aspx

Let me know if that helps,

~Dave

Barbara
Barbara
Partner Member (682 reputation)Partner Member (682 reputation)Partner Member (682 reputation)Partner Member (682 reputation)Partner Member (682 reputation)Partner Member (682 reputation)Partner Member (682 reputation)Partner Member (682 reputation)Partner Member (682 reputation)

Thank you very much Dave, It's very helpful!

Thanks again for your help,

kdwhite
kdwhite
Associate Member (176 reputation)Associate Member (176 reputation)Associate Member (176 reputation)Associate Member (176 reputation)Associate Member (176 reputation)Associate Member (176 reputation)Associate Member (176 reputation)Associate Member (176 reputation)Associate Member (176 reputation)

Hi Dave,

I'm a complete noob to Inquisit, but this answer in a prior Forum seems relevant to my question.  I've previously written code in QB45, Pascal, VB, and C# but am still catching on to Inquisit.

I want to show a video of an ambiguous stimulus and have participants press one of two keys to report its percieved direction of motion.  The video would run continuously for about 4 minutes, during which roughly 50 key presses need to be recorded and time-stamped.  The goalis to estimate the proportions of time associated with each of the two possible reports.  My speculation has been to start the video in a block with block duration specified, which block calls a do-loop of trials each instance of which writes a data record of its key press.  However, you may have implemented a more elegant solution in your script to answer this prior question.

I will be very grateful for advice or an example how to script in Inquisit.

Thanks & Best,  Keith White (kdwhite@ufl.edu). 

Dave
Dave

See https://www.millisecond.com/forums/Topic3446.aspx. The basic setup goes like this:

• Set up a <video> element.

• Display video via the <block> element's /bgstim attribute

• Set the <block> to /timeout after 240000 ms (4 min)

• Set up a <trial> element to collect responses and have said <trial> element /branch back to itself (creating an infinite loop).

• Run a *single* instance the trial via the <block> element's /trials attribute.

Regards,

~Dave

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search