Random stimuli sets

Author
IvoR
Guru (6.7K reputation)Guru (6.7K reputation)Guru (6.7K reputation)Guru (6.7K reputation)Guru (6.7K reputation)Guru (6.7K reputation)Guru (6.7K reputation)Guru (6.7K reputation)Guru (6.7K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hey everyone,

Currently I'm making a unconcious thinking task. For this, people get presented a lot of information, in this case the specifications of cars. The idea of presenting this information is that it is random for every participant. There are 3 variables, which have to be randomly selected, but are connected to each other and can't change during the entire experiment: the number of the car, the color of the car and the set of 10 specifications. I've been able to randomize these variables, but I did it via a detour (let a combination of a trial and block take random items from a item-list and then put them in another item-list). Is there a more easier way for me to do this? The possible parameters are quite easy: the carnumbers and the set numbers range from 1 to 10. The colors are: dark blue, light blue, dark green, light green, orange, pink, yellow, red, black and grey.

Kinds regards,

Ivor

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Threaded View
Threaded View
IvoR - 15 Years Ago
seandr - 15 Years Ago
IvoR - 15 Years Ago
Dave - 15 Years Ago
IvoR - 15 Years Ago
seandr - 15 Years Ago
                         [quote] A flash file! I hadn't thought of this before. Great...
Dave - 15 Years Ago
                             Hey Dave, I checked out the file you sent. I wasn't that impressed...
IvoR - 15 Years Ago
                                 [quote]Hey Dave, I checked out the file you sent. I wasn't that...
Dave - 15 Years Ago
                                     Hey Dave, I know the timer is simplistic and functional. Just one...
IvoR - 15 Years Ago
                                         [quote]I know the timer is simplistic and functional. Just one catch:...
Dave - 15 Years Ago
                     Hi Dave,
I want to make an experiment where continious...
Barbara - 14 Years Ago
                         The file along with a demo script is available for download at my...
Dave - 14 Years Ago
                             Thank you very much Dave, It's very helpful!
Thanks again for...
Barbara - 14 Years Ago
kdwhite - 13 Years Ago
                         See https://www.millisecond.com/forums/Topic3446.aspx. The basic setup...
Dave - 13 Years Ago

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search