Inquisit 4 - Dot-probe task combined with Tobii eye-tracker using Tobii Plugin Issues

Author
d.gaffiero1
Associate Member (114 reputation)Associate Member (114 reputation)Associate Member (114 reputation)Associate Member (114 reputation)Associate Member (114 reputation)Associate Member (114 reputation)Associate Member (114 reputation)Associate Member (114 reputation)Associate Member (114 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi,

I'm a Masters student at the University of Derby studying Health Psychology. For my MSc thesis I am building a dot-probe and eye-tracking task. I have programmed the dot-probe task in Inquisit 4 which is working perfectly fine. However, when connecting the eye-tracker using the Tobii plugin, I have the following issues:

1) Currently the eye-tracker is giving me useless data including pupil width, rightgaze, leftgaze, pupil height etc, but no important measures like time to first fixation, mean epoch dwell time, total fixation duration. Is there specific coding I need to get this information from the eye-tracker? I've noticed that all of this data is recorded when testing the eye-tracker in Tobii Studio, but these measures are not recorded in Inquisit (despite the Tobii plugin). How can I get Inquisit to instruct the eye-tracker to record these measures?

2) In addition, upon completion of the task, I receive three data outputs: 1) dot-probe summary, 2) dot-probe trial list and data and 3) an eye-tracking data summary. In the dot-probe trial list, Inquisit records the data per trial, currently I have 170 trials, so I have 170 entries of information. When I receive the eye-tracking output I have thousands of entries, which are not connected to a particular trial. Is there a way to get the eye-tracking data to record per trial, so when, for example, I open the eye-tracking output I can see on trial 160/170 that the eye-tracking data was this... at the moment the eye-tracking data is both useless (not the measures i need) and does not map onto each trial of the dot-probe. 

I would really appreciate any help - I have no idea how to do this, which is causing me a lot of stress as my thesis depends on it!

Thank you so much in advance,

Dan

P.S I've attached the Inquisit file just incase. 

Attachments
Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
d.gaffiero1 - Thursday, February 8, 2018
Hi,

I'm a Masters student at the University of Derby studying Health Psychology. For my MSc thesis I am building a dot-probe and eye-tracking task. I have programmed the dot-probe task in Inquisit 4 which is working perfectly fine. However, when connecting the eye-tracker using the Tobii plugin, I have the following issues:

1) Currently the eye-tracker is giving me useless data including pupil width, rightgaze, leftgaze, pupil height etc, but no important measures like time to first fixation, mean epoch dwell time, total fixation duration. Is there specific coding I need to get this information from the eye-tracker? I've noticed that all of this data is recorded when testing the eye-tracker in Tobii Studio, but these measures are not recorded in Inquisit (despite the Tobii plugin). How can I get Inquisit to instruct the eye-tracker to record these measures?

2) In addition, upon completion of the task, I receive three data outputs: 1) dot-probe summary, 2) dot-probe trial list and data and 3) an eye-tracking data summary. In the dot-probe trial list, Inquisit records the data per trial, currently I have 170 trials, so I have 170 entries of information. When I receive the eye-tracking output I have thousands of entries, which are not connected to a particular trial. Is there a way to get the eye-tracking data to record per trial, so when, for example, I open the eye-tracking output I can see on trial 160/170 that the eye-tracking data was this... at the moment the eye-tracking data is both useless (not the measures i need) and does not map onto each trial of the dot-probe. 

I would really appreciate any help - I have no idea how to do this, which is causing me a lot of stress as my thesis depends on it!

Thank you so much in advance,

Dan

P.S I've attached the Inquisit file just incase. 

To have eyetracking data recorded along with the other variables in the standard task data file(s), you can log the properties of interest

https://www.millisecond.com/support/docs/v4/html/language/elements/eyetracker.htm

to the data file by adding them to the <data> element's /columns attribute.

To include additional information in the raw gaze data stream (so you can tie data to specific trials or conditions), you can make use of <port> elements to insert markers into the stream signalling e.g. stimulus type or stimulus onset. See e.g. https://www.millisecond.com/forums/Topic16009.aspx#bm16016

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search