select subset of stimuli on a basis of participants' ratings

Author
Robert Balas
Guru (5.5K reputation)Guru (5.5K reputation)Guru (5.5K reputation)Guru (5.5K reputation)Guru (5.5K reputation)Guru (5.5K reputation)Guru (5.5K reputation)Guru (5.5K reputation)Guru (5.5K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi there,

I've got something I cannot work out for a while. Here's the thing:

My experiment consists of two general phases. First, a pretest is supposed to select a subset of stimuli on a basis of participants' responses. Second, a test has to use this subset.

Now, a pretest has 50 pictures. Each of them is evaluated on a scale from -5 to +5. Second option is to use a slider.

Let's stick to the scale for now. Having defined valid responses on a keyboard I have to track the participants evaluations. How does Inquisit register response values attached to particular keys? And how those responses are stored together with a stimuli that elicited them?

On the end of the pretest I need to select a subset of pretested stimuli. Now, here the true issue. I want to select (out of 50) 3 stimuli that got lowest ratings, another 3 with greatest ratings, and yet another 3 with ratings as close to the middle of a scale as possible. Those would then be used throughout the rest of experiment.

I'll appreciate any hints or ready-made solutions,
Robert
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Threaded View
Threaded View
RBalas - 15 Years Ago
Dave - 15 Years Ago
RBalas - 15 Years Ago
Dave - 15 Years Ago
                     Dave,

Thanks - that works fine...
RBalas - 15 Years Ago
                         Cool - please keep me posted about your progress. This is an...
Dave - 15 Years Ago
                             Hey Robert, any progress with this? I might be doing something...
Dave - 15 Years Ago
                                 Dave,

I'm sorry that I did not respond to this. Just to much...
RBalas - 15 Years Ago
mario - 13 Years Ago
Dave - 13 Years Ago
                     Thanks Dave,
the itemcount property helped a lot!

mario - 13 Years Ago
                         The approach would be the same, although perhaps you'd want to base...
Dave - 13 Years Ago

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search