Using pictures as label in IAT

Author
missnatalien
Respected Member (474 reputation)Respected Member (474 reputation)Respected Member (474 reputation)Respected Member (474 reputation)Respected Member (474 reputation)Respected Member (474 reputation)Respected Member (474 reputation)Respected Member (474 reputation)Respected Member (474 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hello.
I admit that I am new to IAT and its coding. I'd like to use pictures as categories but I can't seem to find a way to do it.
I want to have these labels: positive, negative, picture 1 (of a German person), picture 2 (of a Muslim person). I have tried to find my way around it but none of them seems to work. I am using the basic IAT script as my basis.
I've already tried to code it this way:
<item targetBpicture>
/1 = "musliamiat.jpg"
</item>
I was trying to change the word label for the word picture but unfortunately, those tries were also futile as my Inquisit couldn't even find the files then (even though they're in the same file on my computer). Is there a way of using a picture as a category? If so, how? Is there even a test like this (where pictures are used as categories) in Inquisit's library?
I will be grateful for any help I can get!
Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
missnatalien - Tuesday, April 9, 2019
Hello.
I admit that I am new to IAT and its coding. I'd like to use pictures as categories but I can't seem to find a way to do it.
I want to have these labels: positive, negative, picture 1 (of a German person), picture 2 (of a Muslim person). I have tried to find my way around it but none of them seems to work. I am using the basic IAT script as my basis.
<item targetBpicture>
/1 = "musliamiat.jpg"
</item>
I was trying to change the word label for the word picture but unfortunately, those tries were also futile as my Inquisit couldn't even find the files then (even though they're in the same file on my computer). Is there a way of using a picture as a category? If so, how? Is there even a test like this (where pictures are used as categories) in Inquisit's library?

You need to replace the <text> elements that represent the labels with <picture> elements. I.e.

<text targetBleft>
/ items = targetBlabel
/ valign = top
/ halign = left
/ position = (5%, 5%)
/ fontstyle = ("Arial", 5%)
</text>

<text targetBright>
/ items = targetBlabel
/ valign = top
/ halign = right
/ position = (95%, 5%)
</text>

<text targetBleftmixed>
/ items = targetBlabel
/ valign = top
/ halign = left
/ position = (5%, 19%)
</text>

<text targetBrightmixed>
/ items = targetBlabel
/ valign = top
/ halign = right
/ position = (95%, 19%)
</text>

<text targetAleft>
/ items = targetAlabel
/ valign = top
/ halign = left
/ position = (5%, 5%)
</text>

<text targetAright>
/ items = targetAlabel
/ valign = top
/ halign = right
/ position = (95%, 5%)
</text>

<text targetAleftmixed>
/ items = targetAlabel
/ valign = top
/ halign = left
/ position = (5%, 19%)
</text>

<text targetArightmixed>
/ items = targetAlabel
/ valign = top
/ halign = right
/ position = (95%, 19%)
</text>

all need to be changed to <picture> elements.

missnatalien
missnatalien
Respected Member (474 reputation)Respected Member (474 reputation)Respected Member (474 reputation)Respected Member (474 reputation)Respected Member (474 reputation)Respected Member (474 reputation)Respected Member (474 reputation)Respected Member (474 reputation)Respected Member (474 reputation)
Dave - Tuesday, April 9, 2019
Hello.
<item targetBpicture>
/1 = "musliamiat.jpg"
</item>

You need to replace the <text> elements that represent the labels with <picture> elements. I.e.

<text targetBleft>
/ items = targetBlabel
/ valign = top
/ halign = left
/ position = (5%, 5%)
</text>

<text targetBright>
/ items = targetBlabel
/ valign = top
/ halign = right
/ position = (95%, 5%)
</text>

<text targetBleftmixed>
/ items = targetBlabel
/ valign = top
/ halign = left
/ position = (5%, 19%)
</text>

<text targetBrightmixed>
/ items = targetBlabel
/ valign = top
/ halign = right
/ position = (95%, 19%)
</text>

<text targetAleft>
/ items = targetAlabel
/ valign = top
/ halign = left
/ position = (5%, 5%)
</text>

<text targetAright>
/ items = targetAlabel
/ valign = top
/ halign = right
/ position = (95%, 5%)
</text>

<text targetAleftmixed>
/ items = targetAlabel
/ valign = top
/ halign = left
/ position = (5%, 19%)
</text>

<text targetArightmixed>
/ items = targetAlabel
/ valign = top
/ halign = right
/ position = (95%, 19%)
</text>

Thank you very much!! 
Do you maybe happen also to know how to solve another one of my problems? I have done as you said and everything works almost perfectly except for one thing... In the table at the beginning of the test, the categories are now shown as you can see below. Through the whole test, the name of the categories are the names of the files. Is there any way around that? Is it possible to change it maybe not to pictures but somehow add the labels to the pictures?

Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
missnatalien - Wednesday, April 10, 2019
Hello.
<item targetBpicture>
/1 = "musliamiat.jpg"
</item>

<text targetBleft>
/ items = targetBlabel
/ valign = top
/ halign = left
/ position = (5%, 5%)
</text>

<text targetBright>
/ items = targetBlabel
/ valign = top
/ halign = right
/ position = (95%, 5%)
</text>

<text targetBleftmixed>
/ items = targetBlabel
/ valign = top
/ halign = left
/ position = (5%, 19%)
</text>

<text targetBrightmixed>
/ items = targetBlabel
/ valign = top
/ halign = right
/ position = (95%, 19%)
</text>

<text targetAleft>
/ items = targetAlabel
/ valign = top
/ halign = left
/ position = (5%, 5%)
</text>

<text targetAright>
/ items = targetAlabel
/ valign = top
/ halign = right
/ position = (95%, 5%)
</text>

<text targetAleftmixed>
/ items = targetAlabel
/ valign = top
/ halign = left
/ position = (5%, 19%)
</text>

<text targetArightmixed>
/ items = targetAlabel
/ valign = top
/ halign = right
/ position = (95%, 19%)
</text>

Thank you very much!! 
Do you maybe happen also to know how to solve another one of my problems? I have done as you said and everything works almost perfectly except for one thing... In the table at the beginning of the test, the categories are now shown as you can see below. Through the whole test, the name of the categories are the names of the files. Is there any way around that? Is it possible to change it maybe not to pictures but somehow add the labels to the pictures?

You need to edit the HTML file (intro_iat.htm) that comes with the script using a text editor like Notepad to do this. Either thing is possible: Displaying the actual images or entering some kind of label instead. These are the relevant parts you need to edit, depending on what you want:

To display the actual images, changing the above to something like this should work:

A file with those changes in place is attached (remove the .txt extension). The result will look like this:

Attachments
intro_iat.htm.txt (443 views, 2.00 KB)
Edited 5 Years Ago by Dave
missnatalien
missnatalien
Dave - Wednesday, April 10, 2019
missnatalien - Wednesday, April 10, 2019
Hello.
<item targetBpicture>
/1 = "musliamiat.jpg"
</item>

<text targetBleft>
/ items = targetBlabel
/ valign = top
/ halign = left
/ position = (5%, 5%)
</text>

<text targetBright>
/ items = targetBlabel
/ valign = top
/ halign = right
/ position = (95%, 5%)
</text>

<text targetBleftmixed>
/ items = targetBlabel
/ valign = top
/ halign = left
/ position = (5%, 19%)
</text>

<text targetBrightmixed>
/ items = targetBlabel
/ valign = top
/ halign = right
/ position = (95%, 19%)
</text>

<text targetAleft>
/ items = targetAlabel
/ valign = top
/ halign = left
/ position = (5%, 5%)
</text>

<text targetAright>
/ items = targetAlabel
/ valign = top
/ halign = right
/ position = (95%, 5%)
</text>

<text targetAleftmixed>
/ items = targetAlabel
/ valign = top
/ halign = left
/ position = (5%, 19%)
</text>

<text targetArightmixed>
/ items = targetAlabel
/ valign = top
/ halign = right
/ position = (95%, 19%)
</text>

Thank you very much!! 

You need to edit the HTML file (intro_iat.htm) that comes with the script using a text editor like Notepad to do this. Either thing is possible: Displaying the actual images or entering some kind of label instead. These are the relevant parts you need to edit, depending on what you want:

To display the actual images, changing the above to something like this should work:

A file with those changes in place is attached (remove the .txt extension). The result will look like this:

You're literally my life saver :) Thank you very much again!!! 
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search