Sending markers to Labchart for specific stimulus conditions

Author
SCHAMP
Partner Member (807 reputation)Partner Member (807 reputation)Partner Member (807 reputation)Partner Member (807 reputation)Partner Member (807 reputation)Partner Member (807 reputation)Partner Member (807 reputation)Partner Member (807 reputation)Partner Member (807 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi, 

My lab and I are currently trying to run an EMG experiment where we present faces to participants and measure facial muscle responses. 
The study is a 2 x 2 x 3, with two emotions (happy/angry), model gender (1=F, 2 =M), and facial intensity level (1, 2, 3). Every participant will see different models representing each condition (i.e., 4x happy/F/30% images), and will make a mouse click response when they see the face to try and guess the emotion being displayed, as well as having their muscle movements measured. 

We are interested in sending a different marker to Labchart every time a specific combination of factors is displayed via Inquisit. Currently, our trials are set up as 'angry' faces and 'happy' faces, and the data about the gender/intensity of the image being shown is coded separately as expressions, and recorded during the trial. The script is based on the facial display of emotions task script. 

I have been reading other forum posts about similar experiments involving markers (https://www.millisecond.com/forums/Topic23095.aspx) but I'm still not sure how you would indicate that a specific condition of a trial is being shown, rather than a trial type (so, instead of sending a marker at the start of happy/angry trials to say the image was happy/angry, sending a different mark per image to indicate trial type AND gender AND intensity level. 

My script is attached below. 

Thank you in advance for your help!! 

Attachments
EMG_faces_PART2_LHAP.iqx (319 views, 18.00 KB)
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search