Emotional N-Back

Author
elisegrimm
Associate Member (288 reputation)Associate Member (288 reputation)Associate Member (288 reputation)Associate Member (288 reputation)Associate Member (288 reputation)Associate Member (288 reputation)Associate Member (288 reputation)Associate Member (288 reputation)Associate Member (288 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Dave - 4/16/2020
Dave - 4/16/2020
elisegrimm - 4/16/2020
Dave - 4/16/2020
elisegrimm - 4/16/2020

Here is the script.
If I add the "noreplacenorepeat" or "noreplace" to my list of stimuli, Inquisit tels me "'noreplace' Expression contains an unknown element or property name."
<list happystims_m>
/ poolsize = 22
/ select = noreplacenorepeat
</list>

Thank you!

That list has 22 items -- 1 to 22. noreplacenorepeat makes no sense, there is nothing that could repeat unless you sample from that list more than 22 times. In that case, of course items can and have to repeat.

Now, list elements don't automatically *reset* at the start of each block, so how many and which items were sampled from the list in block 1 will affect what happens in block 2. There'll be only so many unsampled items left in the list, and those will be sampled first. Once all items have been sampled, the list will reset and all items become available again.

If you want to prevent this, reset the list /onblockbegin.

Thank you, will this prevent images from repeating within one block?

Yes, but if and only if the list is not sampled more often from than it has items in the given block. Think about it: If you have a block that happens to have to display more than 22 happy male faces, what is the list supposed to do other than making all items available again and necessarily repeating some face items that have been shown before?

Attaching a version with the /onblockbegin resets in place and .bmp switched for .jpg below.

Amazing, it works great and is now online. Thank you so much for all your support.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search