N Back Task Adaptation

Author
AnthonyFCollinsSussex
Partner Member (665 reputation)Partner Member (665 reputation)Partner Member (665 reputation)Partner Member (665 reputation)Partner Member (665 reputation)Partner Member (665 reputation)Partner Member (665 reputation)Partner Member (665 reputation)Partner Member (665 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Experiment will be live/running in the coming days I am happy to say, thank you again for your help.

Just my last inquiry - all my scripts are defaulted to white background, black text (keep the whole exp consistent, aesthetically). All of them work fine and look great!

However, one task used is N back. I have downloaded the script from Library (letter stimuli, English) - the variant right at the bottom. I systematically but carefully changed background (or screen color, txtbackground etc) to white, and text to black, at the relevant parts of the script.

However, when the task is run, the N-back letter stimuli arrive, at times but not always!, simultaneously with  black borders or random black shapes around them! Other times this does not happen

I was wondering if there was something I was missing, or if there is no straightforward way to make such a global inversion of color without it interfering with the task in this way? I did eye-ball carefully each segment of code to see why this clash may be occurring, but I could not work it out.

I attach the script here (which is the script from library but I have adapted according to the above). Note that I have changed the instruction images for sharper resolution.

If there is a way to simply invert the global background colour to white and text to black (I know defaults alone will not do it), then this is all I need at this stage

Thank you kindly...

Attachments
NBACK.iqx (167 views, 36.00 KB)
Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
AnthonyFCollinsSussex - 4/1/2021
Experiment will be live/running in the coming days I am happy to say, thank you again for your help.

Just my last inquiry - all my scripts are defaulted to white background, black text (keep the whole exp consistent, aesthetically). All of them work fine and look great!

However, one task used is N back. I have downloaded the script from Library (letter stimuli, English) - the variant right at the bottom. I systematically but carefully changed background (or screen color, txtbackground etc) to white, and text to black, at the relevant parts of the script.

However, when the task is run, the N-back letter stimuli arrive, at times but not always!, simultaneously with  black borders or random black shapes around them! Other times this does not happen

I was wondering if there was something I was missing, or if there is no straightforward way to make such a global inversion of color without it interfering with the task in this way? I did eye-ball carefully each segment of code to see why this clash may be occurring, but I could not work it out.

I attach the script here (which is the script from library but I have adapted according to the above). Note that I have changed the instruction images for sharper resolution.

If there is a way to simply invert the global background colour to white and text to black (I know defaults alone will not do it), then this is all I need at this stage

Thank you kindly...

If your code requires external files to run, as the script at issue here does, you need to provide all files it requires if you want someone to be able to take a look at it.
AnthonyFCollinsSussex
AnthonyFCollinsSussex
Partner Member (665 reputation)Partner Member (665 reputation)Partner Member (665 reputation)Partner Member (665 reputation)Partner Member (665 reputation)Partner Member (665 reputation)Partner Member (665 reputation)Partner Member (665 reputation)Partner Member (665 reputation)
Dave - 4/1/2021

Thank you kindly...

If your code requires external files to run, as the script at issue here does, you need to provide all files it requires if you want someone to be able to take a look at it.

After having received your reply, I was in the midst of re-inverting the instruction images back to having white backgrounds/black text (all 13!) ready to send all your way, hence the delay. I have just now gone through the script again and realize that I did not apply /screencolor = white into the N-back blocks themselves (all of them), and having done so appears to have solved the problem!

Thank you though nonetheless, as always kindly appreciated man

Yours Sincerely
AnthonyFCollinsSussex
AnthonyFCollinsSussex
Dave - 4/1/2021

Thank you kindly...

Hi Dave

The only thing I am struggling with is editing the HTML to ensure it is equally white, and says press 'Y' (not A, as I changed the correct response). I have tried hard to edit the html/replace it and also change it to a text element pasting the code:  '<%values.N%>' and '<%expressions.ExpInstructions%> , but it still does not show correctly which type of block to do when the script is run. Is there any way around this? Its literally the only thing I need help with... these attachments are mainly composed of the jpg instruction images (hence the amount). I tried to upload the html as a link here - Inquisit/N%20Back%20Task/NBACK/expinstructions.htm   (its from the original single letter N back script in library). The script does work aside from this

Thank you so much in advance...

Attachments
EXPBEGIN.jpg (153 views, 51.00 KB)
NBACK.iqx (149 views, 36.00 KB)
ONE.jpg (158 views, 139.00 KB)
ONEREAL.jpg (148 views, 111.00 KB)
PRAC1.jpg (144 views, 118.00 KB)
PRAC1END.jpg (159 views, 160.00 KB)
REPEAT.jpg (154 views, 28.00 KB)
START.jpg (165 views, 111.00 KB)
thankyouslide.gif (168 views, 7.00 KB)
THREE.jpg (162 views, 142.00 KB)
THREEREAL.jpg (165 views, 118.00 KB)
TWO.jpg (169 views, 143.00 KB)
TWOREAL.jpg (164 views, 111.00 KB)
ZERO.jpg (144 views, 151.00 KB)
ZEROREAL.jpg (153 views, 157.00 KB)
Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
AnthonyFCollinsSussex - 4/2/2021
Dave - 4/1/2021

Thank you kindly...

Hi Dave

The only thing I am struggling with is editing the HTML to ensure it is equally white, and says press 'Y' (not A, as I changed the correct response). I have tried hard to edit the html/replace it and also change it to a text element pasting the code:  '<%values.N%>' and '<%expressions.ExpInstructions%> , but it still does not show correctly which type of block to do when the script is run. Is there any way around this? Its literally the only thing I need help with... these attachments are mainly composed of the jpg instruction images (hence the amount). I tried to upload the html as a link here - Inquisit/N%20Back%20Task/NBACK/expinstructions.htm   (its from the original single letter N back script in library). The script does work aside from this

Put everything in a ZIP, including the HTML, attach the ZIP.
AnthonyFCollinsSussex
AnthonyFCollinsSussex
Dave - 4/2/2021
AnthonyFCollinsSussex - 4/2/2021
Dave - 4/1/2021

Thank you kindly...

Hi Dave

Put everything in a ZIP, including the HTML, attach the ZIP.

Okay, I added it here (my bad)

Attachments
NBACK.zip (156 views, 1.00 MB)
Dave
Dave
(1) Open the HTML file in a simple text editor such as Notepad.
(2) Change

to

and save.

(3) In the script, change

to

AnthonyFCollinsSussex
AnthonyFCollinsSussex
Dave - 4/2/2021
(1) Open the HTML file in a simple text editor such as Notepad.
(2) Change

to

and save.

(3) In the script, change

to

It has done the trick, thank you again so much. I am in no doubt that is everything now lol!

Take Care and hope you have a nice weekend

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search