Big Sur and Inquisit 5

Author
Deborah Apthorp
Associate Member (166 reputation)Associate Member (166 reputation)Associate Member (166 reputation)Associate Member (166 reputation)Associate Member (166 reputation)Associate Member (166 reputation)Associate Member (166 reputation)Associate Member (166 reputation)Associate Member (166 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi all, 

My computer was recently changed to Mac OS Big Sur (not by my choice, there were a series of IT disasters). I'm trying to code some experiments and surveys in Inquisit 5, and there's something horribly wrong - I'm seeing hundreds of copies of each line of code, and it's completely unusable.

Has anyone else run across this problem? Is there a fix? I tried reinstalling but it made no difference. 

Thanks

Deborah.

Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
Deborah Apthorp - 4/6/2021
Hi all, 

My computer was recently changed to Mac OS Big Sur (not by my choice, there were a series of IT disasters). I'm trying to code some experiments and surveys in Inquisit 5, and there's something horribly wrong - I'm seeing hundreds of copies of each line of code, and it's completely unusable.

Has anyone else run across this problem? Is there a fix? I tried reinstalling but it made no difference. 

Thanks

Deborah.

The Inquisit 5 editor component is incompatible with Big Sur (Apple broke compatibility). Upgrading to Inquisit 6 is an option, or -- as a workaround -- you can do the coding in an unregistered copy of Inquisit 6 Lab. If you opt for the latter, make sure to avoid any new Inquisit 6 syntax features if you wish to retain scripts' compatibility with Inquisit 5.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search