Page location

Author
Haniel_Do
Associate Member (154 reputation)Associate Member (154 reputation)Associate Member (154 reputation)Associate Member (154 reputation)Associate Member (154 reputation)Associate Member (154 reputation)Associate Member (154 reputation)Associate Member (154 reputation)Associate Member (154 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi all, 
I've written a task in Inquisit Lab which when I ran it, ran fine. Once I uploaded it to millisecond it's started coming up with the error "Could not locate page 'page.attributepactice'." for some of the pages which I defined. I'm not sure why it's happening to some pages I defined but not others, but I looked up the online tutorial and I've done it correctly. For example this is how I defined this page 

<page attributepactice>
^^This next task is picture based and will also require category judgements.
^^Put your middle or index fingers on the E and I keys of your keyboard. Pictures representing the different categories at the top will appear one-by-one in the middle of the screen. When the item belongs to a category on the left, press the E key; when the item belongs to a category on the right, press the I key. Items belong to only one category.

^^This task will take about 5 minutes to complete.
</page>

Does anyone have any idea how to fix this? I've run it multiple times in Inquisit lab and haven't had a problem once but once I run it online it doesn't work. The only other error that is coming up is "block 1 is unassigned" which I also do not understand because it ran fine in Lab and it looks like I've used expt element correctly:

<expt>
/ blocks= [1 = block.Encoding; 2 = block.attributepractice; 3 = block.targetcompatiblepractice; 4 = block.targetincompatiblepractice; 5 = block.compatiblepractice;
6 = block.incompatiblepractice; 7 = block.compatibletest; 8 = block.incompatibletest; 9 = block.Recognition]
</expt>

Sorry for the long post, thanks

Daniel
Haniel_Do
Haniel_Do
Associate Member (154 reputation)Associate Member (154 reputation)Associate Member (154 reputation)Associate Member (154 reputation)Associate Member (154 reputation)Associate Member (154 reputation)Associate Member (154 reputation)Associate Member (154 reputation)Associate Member (154 reputation)
Hi all,

I managed to fix the page problem but I'm still unable to run the task due to the block issue. I've tried changing the block name but that hasn't helped either. I'm still receiving the error "Could not locate element 'block.encoding'. ". This is how I defined that block:

<block encoding>
/ preinstructions = ( intro, encoding)
/ postinstructions = (encodingfinish)
/ trials = [1-78 = noreplace (a,b,c,d,e,f)]
</block>

And my "expt" element is the same as above except its now "block.encoding" as I tried to change the name and see if that helped. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Daniel
Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
Haniel_Do - 4/22/2021
Hi all,

I managed to fix the page problem but I'm still unable to run the task due to the block issue. I've tried changing the block name but that hasn't helped either. I'm still receiving the error "Could not locate element 'block.encoding'. ". This is how I defined that block:

<block encoding>
/ preinstructions = ( intro, encoding)
/ postinstructions = (encodingfinish)
/ trials = [1-78 = noreplace (a,b,c,d,e,f)]
</block>

And my "expt" element is the same as above except its now "block.encoding" as I tried to change the name and see if that helped. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Daniel

<expt>
/ blocks= [1 = block.Encoding; 2 = block.attributepractice; 3 = block.targetcompatiblepractice; 4 = block.targetincompatiblepractice; 5 = block.compatiblepractice;
6 = block.incompatiblepractice; 7 = block.compatibletest; 8 = block.incompatibletest; 9 = block.Recognition]
</expt>

is not valid Inquisit 4 syntax. You need to get rid of the "block." prefixes in the above.
Haniel_Do
Haniel_Do
Hi Dave,

Thanks so much, the script is now running without a hitch. It kept coming up in the drop-down menu list of options so I thought I was supposed to pick it and like I said it worked in Inquisit lab so appreciate the clarification! Thanks again,

Daniel
Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
Haniel_Do - 4/23/2021
Hi Dave,

Thanks so much, the script is now running without a hitch. It kept coming up in the drop-down menu list of options so I thought I was supposed to pick it and like I said it worked in Inquisit lab so appreciate the clarification! Thanks again,

Daniel

> like I said it worked in Inquisit lab

Just so there isn't any confusion:

/ blocks = [1=block.exampleblock; ...]

will work under Inquisit 5 Web & Lab or under Inquisit 6 Web & Lab. It will affirmatively not work under Inquisit 4, neither under Inquisit 4 Web, nor under Inquisit 4 Lab. It's a syntax refinement that was only introduced in Inquisit 5.

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search