Adding a prime category tp the Subliminal Priming script

Author
satchmo496
Expert (1.1K reputation)Expert (1.1K reputation)Expert (1.1K reputation)Expert (1.1K reputation)Expert (1.1K reputation)Expert (1.1K reputation)Expert (1.1K reputation)Expert (1.1K reputation)Expert (1.1K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Greetings!

I am attempting to adapt the subliminal priming script (the bona fide pipeline procedure) from the task library to include a 3rd prime category. So, in addition to the 2 category primes already included in the script I'd also like to add a neutral prime category. I'd still like the task to present each of the 3 primes once with each of the 16 positive adjectives and once with each of the 16 adjectives.

I've managed to create most of this task, but I'm having trouble getting the script to record which specific adjective is being presented in each trial that includes the neutral primes (the column values.targetindex in the output file).

I've attached what I have so far. Thanks in advance for any assistance you can provide.
Attachments
subliminal_with_neutrals.iqx (181 views, 34.00 KB)
Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
satchmo496 - 4/28/2021
Greetings!

I am attempting to adapt the subliminal priming script (the bona fide pipeline procedure) from the task library to include a 3rd prime category. So, in addition to the 2 category primes already included in the script I'd also like to add a neutral prime category. I'd still like the task to present each of the 3 primes once with each of the 16 positive adjectives and once with each of the 16 adjectives.

I've managed to create most of this task, but I'm having trouble getting the script to record which specific adjective is being presented in each trial that includes the neutral primes (the column values.targetindex in the output file).

I've attached what I have so far. Thanks in advance for any assistance you can provide.

When you need to share code, you should:
(1) Provide any and all files the code requires to run.
(2) Provide a clear description of the changes you made and the reasoning behind them.
(3) There is no "neutral" category in the script you attached that I can find.

Adding such a category works exactly the same as the exisiting positive and negative categories. Add prime1_neutral, prime2_neutral and prime3_neutral <trial> elements modeled exactly after the existing primeX_positive and primeX_negative elements. Sample those at the block level along with the other trials as desired.

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search