Failure to display progress bar

Author
AKrishna
Distinguished Member (3.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.1K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
OK, some interesting results. The issue was also fixed on the other affected system (specs: https://www.millisecond.com/forums/Attachment2549.aspx and https://www.millisecond.com/forums/Attachment2550.aspx), but this time, BOTH rounding (with ceil) AND using the 1px*value method solved the issue. Strange. For safety, I'll code my experiment to use both (i.e. 1px*ceil(value)) and get screenshots. I'll also collect system data from participants so that you can get a bit of a better handle on this. Time to amend the informed consent...

Erik
Erik
Partner Member (851 reputation)Partner Member (851 reputation)Partner Member (851 reputation)Partner Member (851 reputation)Partner Member (851 reputation)Partner Member (851 reputation)Partner Member (851 reputation)Partner Member (851 reputation)Partner Member (851 reputation)
Group: Moderators
The problem turns out to have been a mix of the old style text manipulation to convert the WordRecognitionProgressBarLength to size and the German locale on some of your systems. Unfortunately, in this case, the German locale was creating a number like "4,137" that matches the display expectation for the locale while Inquisit the inquisit parser expected "4.137". This is why when you concatenated px to then end and used it as a size it failed.  

For this particular script in Inquisit 6 you'll get the best results by using the modern display.getpercentx() method:
/WordRecognitionProgressBarLength = display.getpercentx(values.WordRecognitionProgressBarLength)

Thanks and Enjoy,
Erik

Developer at Millisecond Software, LLC.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search