Keeping open-ended response on screen for the remaining trials within a block.

Keeping open-ended response on screen for the remaining trials within...
Author
Paige Kemp
Associate Member (274 reputation)Associate Member (274 reputation)Associate Member (274 reputation)Associate Member (274 reputation)Associate Member (274 reputation)Associate Member (274 reputation)Associate Member (274 reputation)Associate Member (274 reputation)Associate Member (274 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hello,

In my experiment, participants answer a series of question related to each topic. After participants provide an open-ended response to the first question, I would like their open-ended response to stay on the screen while answering the remaining two question (possibly three as there is a conditional branch depending on how they answer one of them). Is there anyway to do this with open-ended responses? I.e., something similar to erase = false? I haven’t found anything on this forum or in the instruction pages on Millisecond. Note that I do not want to use a survey page instead.

I attempted to add my example script to this, but it stated that I was over my limited space.

Thank you very much for your time,
Paige
Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
Paige Kemp - 11/6/2021
Hello,

In my experiment, participants answer a series of question related to each topic. After participants provide an open-ended response to the first question, I would like their open-ended response to stay on the screen while answering the remaining two question (possibly three as there is a conditional branch depending on how they answer one of them). Is there anyway to do this with open-ended responses? I.e., something similar to erase = false? I haven’t found anything on this forum or in the instruction pages on Millisecond. Note that I do not want to use a survey page instead.

I attempted to add my example script to this, but it stated that I was over my limited space.

Thank you very much for your time,
Paige

You can display the openended response as a <text> element on-screen during any subsequent question or questions.

<block myblock>
/ trials = [1=a; 2=b]
</block>

<openended a>
/ stimulusframes = [1=aq, bq]
/ position = (50%, 30%)
/ size = (25%, 4%)
</openended>

<openended b>
/ stimulusframes = [1=aq, ar, bq]
/ position = (50%, 50%)
/ size = (25%, 4%)
</openended>

<text aq>
/ items = ("1.) What's your favorite color?")
/ position = (50%, 20%)
/ erase = false
</text>

<text bq>
/ items = ("2.) What's your favorite food?")
/ position = (50%, 40%)
/ erase = false
</text>

<text ar>
/ items = ("<%openended.a.response%>")
/ position = (50%, 25%)
/ size = (25%, 4%)
/ hjustify = left
/ vjustify = center
/ erase = false
/ txbgcolor = lightgray
</text>