Data saving

Author
Kuba S
Esteemed Member (1.5K reputation)Esteemed Member (1.5K reputation)Esteemed Member (1.5K reputation)Esteemed Member (1.5K reputation)Esteemed Member (1.5K reputation)Esteemed Member (1.5K reputation)Esteemed Member (1.5K reputation)Esteemed Member (1.5K reputation)Esteemed Member (1.5K reputation)
Group: Forum Members

Hi there,
I  use Inquisit for my M.A. and I had to say it's great tool, however I'm a beginner in it.

While building a one part of my experiment I had a problem with saving data.
Inquisit makes 2 files out of all data after experiment. One is nearly empty, and second one is pretty chaotic for me.[+o(]  It's different than others I've seen.

Can somebody help me somehow with that?[{]
I suppose, I made some mistake in a code.
In experiment I want to have a list of pages with questions in form of radiobuttons, and buttons that give a possibility to go back, and to go next.

And I'd like to know is it possible to save response latency for each individual radiobutton - not for all survey page?

In *rar I attached my script and 2 files with data (with original names).

[View:http://www.millisecond.com/community/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Discussions.Components.Files/12/1007.Kwestionariusze.rar:550:0]

Best wishes,
Kuba

seandr
seandr
Supreme Being (142K reputation)Supreme Being (142K reputation)Supreme Being (142K reputation)Supreme Being (142K reputation)Supreme Being (142K reputation)Supreme Being (142K reputation)Supreme Being (142K reputation)Supreme Being (142K reputation)Supreme Being (142K reputation)
Group: Administrators

Kuba,

Inquisit is saving two data files because it thinks that you are running both a reaction time test and a survey, which have different data output formats, when in fact you are really just running a survey.

You can work either ignore the empty file, or you can work around this issue by eliminating the <expt> and <instruct> elements and simply presenting the the survey instructions using <caption> elements.

Ideally, Inquisit would determine whether any reaction time data are actually produced, and if not, it wouldn't save the second file. I've logged this as a bug to be fixed in a future release.

-Sean

Kuba S
Kuba S
Esteemed Member (1.5K reputation)Esteemed Member (1.5K reputation)Esteemed Member (1.5K reputation)Esteemed Member (1.5K reputation)Esteemed Member (1.5K reputation)Esteemed Member (1.5K reputation)Esteemed Member (1.5K reputation)Esteemed Member (1.5K reputation)Esteemed Member (1.5K reputation)
Group: Forum Members

Was so simple.

Thanks Sean

And is it possible to save response latency for each individual radiobutton - not for all survey page?

Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators

And is it possible to save response latency for each individual radiobutton - not for all survey page?

Answered here: http://www.millisecond.com/forums/Topic1884.aspx

~Dave

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search