interoperation with other online software package (Qualtrics)

Author
Rikkie
Esteemed Member (2.2K reputation)Esteemed Member (2.2K reputation)Esteemed Member (2.2K reputation)Esteemed Member (2.2K reputation)Esteemed Member (2.2K reputation)Esteemed Member (2.2K reputation)Esteemed Member (2.2K reputation)Esteemed Member (2.2K reputation)Esteemed Member (2.2K reputation)
Group: Forum Members

Hi,

I'd like to redirect my participants to another online software package (Qualtrics). Inquisit comes first, qualtrics comes next. Of course, I want to merge the Inquisit data with the Qualtrics data, but therefore, I have to forward the Inquisit subject ID to Qualtrics. How do I have to do this? I hope someone can help me.

regards, Hendrik

Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators

Hi Hendrik,

this has been discussed before. There's a lengthy explanation by Sean right here: http://www.millisecond.com/forums/Topic1771.aspx#1771. And the Inquisit helpfile also sports a topic on this matter: http://www.millisecond.com/support/docs/v3/html/howto/interopsurveys.htm. I suggest you read through these and then post back here if you encounter additional problems.

Hope this helps,

~Dave

Rikkie
Rikkie
Esteemed Member (2.2K reputation)Esteemed Member (2.2K reputation)Esteemed Member (2.2K reputation)Esteemed Member (2.2K reputation)Esteemed Member (2.2K reputation)Esteemed Member (2.2K reputation)Esteemed Member (2.2K reputation)Esteemed Member (2.2K reputation)Esteemed Member (2.2K reputation)

Hi Dave,

Thanks a lot, but what if Inquisit comes first? In the explanation in the help file, the Inquisit part comes in between two other on line surveyes. In the example, the query parameter option is used to capture the subject number that is embedded in the URL. However, if Inquisit comes first, the subjectnumber has to be generated by Inquisit and has than to be forwarded to the other on line survey. So, how can I add additional information to the URL if subject numbers are generated by Inquisit?

regards, Hendrik

Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)

I think the trick is to always start with the survey app. Have your participants start with a Qualtrics survey page that e.g. contains general information about the research they're about to participate in. Qualtrics will do it's magic and generate a subject id. After the info page, have Qualtrics redirect participants to the Inquisit page. Set Inquisit up to use the id generated by Qualtrics as subject number. Then let Inquisit redirect participants back to Qualtrics via the finishpage settings to complete the 'real' Qualtrics survey. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

~Dave

Rikkie
Rikkie

I tried it, but Qualtrics generates alpha numeric subject'numbers' which seems not compatible with Inquisit...

regards, Hendrik

seandr
seandr
Supreme Being (142K reputation)Supreme Being (142K reputation)Supreme Being (142K reputation)Supreme Being (142K reputation)Supreme Being (142K reputation)Supreme Being (142K reputation)Supreme Being (142K reputation)Supreme Being (142K reputation)Supreme Being (142K reputation)

Hi Hendrik,

Inquisit should handle alphanumeric IDs just fine. What problems are you running into with the subject ID?

-Sean

Dave
Dave

Inquisit should handle alphanumeric IDs just fine.

Even if the script expects a numeric id? E.g.

<expt>
/ subjects = (1 of 2)
[...]
</expt>

<expt>
/ subjects = (2 of 2)
[...]
</expt>

Just asking out of general interest... BTW, Sean, can you confirm this?

I think the trick is to always start with the survey app. Have your
participants start with a Qualtrics survey page that e.g. contains
general information about the research they're about to participate in.
Qualtrics will do it's magic and generate a subject id. After the info
page, have Qualtrics redirect participants to the Inquisit page. Set
Inquisit up to use the id generated by Qualtrics as subject number.
Then let Inquisit redirect participants back to Qualtrics via the
finishpage settings to complete the 'real' Qualtrics survey. Someone
please correct me if I'm wrong.

Thanks,

~Dave

seandr
seandr
Supreme Being (142K reputation)Supreme Being (142K reputation)Supreme Being (142K reputation)Supreme Being (142K reputation)Supreme Being (142K reputation)Supreme Being (142K reputation)Supreme Being (142K reputation)Supreme Being (142K reputation)Supreme Being (142K reputation)

In that case you would need to add "/groupassignment=random".

<expt>
/ subjects = (1 of 2)
/ groupassignment = random
</expt>

<expt>
/ subjects = (2 of 2)
/ groupassignment = random
</expt>

-Sean

Dave
Dave

Thanks. I thought so. Any chance I can get an answer to my second question, too? Let me rephrase it: Is the correct way to have an online survey app and Inquisit share the same subject ID to always start with the survey app?

seandr
seandr

Yes, that's the way to do it.

-Sean

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search