voice recognition error

Author
Alicia.Lec
Associate Member (155 reputation)Associate Member (155 reputation)Associate Member (155 reputation)Associate Member (155 reputation)Associate Member (155 reputation)Associate Member (155 reputation)Associate Member (155 reputation)Associate Member (155 reputation)Associate Member (155 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hello,
I can't open one of my scripts that uses speech recognition on my new computer while the same script works fine on my old computer. Voice recognition was programmed on the new computer and works fine outside of Inquisit. I have this error message that appears (see attachment), have you ever had this problem and have you managed to solve it?
Thanks in advance, have a nice day,
Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
Alicia.Lec - 1/21/2022
Hello,
I can't open one of my scripts that uses speech recognition on my new computer while the same script works fine on my old computer. Voice recognition was programmed on the new computer and works fine outside of Inquisit. I have this error message that appears (see attachment), have you ever had this problem and have you managed to solve it?

Please attach the screenshot again per +Insert -> Add FIle..., it is not visible.

Please also provide the information available per Tools -> System Information in Inquisit Lab.

Edited 2 Years Ago by Dave
Alicia.Lec
Alicia.Lec
Associate Member (155 reputation)Associate Member (155 reputation)Associate Member (155 reputation)Associate Member (155 reputation)Associate Member (155 reputation)Associate Member (155 reputation)Associate Member (155 reputation)Associate Member (155 reputation)Associate Member (155 reputation)
Dave - 1/21/2022
Alicia.Lec - 1/21/2022
Hello,

Please attach the screenshot again per +Insert -> Add FIle..., it is not visible.

Please also provide the information available per Tools -> System Information in Inquisit Lab.
Hello,

here is the screenshot and the information available per Tools,

Version:
6.5.2 64bit (build 6462)
Build Date:
Dec 13 2021
Build Time:
14:58:58
Expiration Date:
Registered

Dispay 1:
\\.\DISPLAY1
Pixel Depth:
32 bits per pixel
Resolution:
1920 x 1080 scale: 1
Physical Size:
344.0mm x 194.0mm (394.93mm = 15.55in diagonal)
PPI:
141 x 141 (141.0 diagonal)
Refresh rate:
60 Hz

Attachments
error.JPG (138 views, 31.00 KB)
Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Alicia.Lec - 1/21/2022
Dave - 1/21/2022
Alicia.Lec - 1/21/2022
Hello,

Hello,

Version:
6.5.2 64bit (build 6462)
Build Date:
Dec 13 2021
Build Time:
Expiration Date:
Registered

Dispay 1:
\\.\DISPLAY1
Pixel Depth:
32 bits per pixel
Resolution:
Physical Size:
PPI:
Refresh rate:
60 Hz

As the error message clearly indicates, you have not given Inquisit permission to access the system's microphone. You can fix this in your Windows Settings under Privacy -> Microphone.

Alicia.Lec
Alicia.Lec
Dave - 1/21/2022
Alicia.Lec - 1/21/2022
Dave - 1/21/2022
Alicia.Lec - 1/21/2022
Hello,

Hello,

Version:
6.5.2 64bit (build 6462)
Build Date:
Dec 13 2021
Build Time:
Expiration Date:
Registered

Dispay 1:
\\.\DISPLAY1
Pixel Depth:
32 bits per pixel
Resolution:
Physical Size:
PPI:
Refresh rate:
60 Hz

As the error message clearly indicates, you have not given Inquisit permission to access the system's microphone. You can fix this in your Windows Settings under Privacy -> Microphone.

As specified in the 1st message, everything is activated on the computer concerning voice recognition, and it works correctly with other applications. Unfortunately with Inquisit I have this error message but I really don't understand where it can come from. The IT people at my job also looked at the computer settings and didn't find the problem, I thought that Inquisit might have added a module to download or else to make the voice recognition work. Because the computer settings are the same as on my old computer which works perfectly with Inquisit, I don't understand why the new one refuses to work...
That's why I put a message on the forum to know if this had already happened to you and if you had managed to solve the problem.
Dave
Dave
Alicia.Lec - 1/21/2022
Dave - 1/21/2022
Alicia.Lec - 1/21/2022
Dave - 1/21/2022
Alicia.Lec - 1/21/2022
Hello,

Hello,

Version:
6.5.2 64bit (build 6462)
Build Date:
Dec 13 2021
Build Time:
Expiration Date:
Registered

Dispay 1:
\\.\DISPLAY1
Pixel Depth:
32 bits per pixel
Resolution:
Physical Size:
PPI:
Refresh rate:
60 Hz

As specified in the 1st message, everything is activated on the computer concerning voice recognition, and it works correctly with other applications. Unfortunately with Inquisit I have this error message but I really don't understand where it can come from. The IT people at my job also looked at the computer settings and didn't find the problem, I thought that Inquisit might have added a module to download or else to make the voice recognition work. Because the computer settings are the same as on my old computer which works perfectly with Inquisit, I don't understand why the new one refuses to work...
That's why I put a message on the forum to know if this had already happened to you and if you had managed to solve the problem.

It's not a voice recogniton issue. It's a microphone permissions issue -- your system does not allow Inquisit to access the microphone. The fact the voice recognition works outside of Inquisit does not mean anything, as the permissions are app-specific or app class-specific (Microsoft Store apps vs Desktop apps).. There is no extra module for Inquisit to download, it relies on the recognition capabilities that come with your operating system.

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search