trial number determined by list length

Author
nrouhani
Distinguished Member (3.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.3K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
hello, 

i'm running an experiment where one of the blocks shows images that participants previously categorized in a certain way (i.e., in a previous block if they had responded "1" that item gets appended into a list). the number of trials in a new block is determined by the number of items in this appended list. is there a way i can have trial number be contingent on the length of the list? or have the block "run out" once the trials have sampled all of the items on the list?

thank you
Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
nrouhani - 2/12/2022
hello, 

i'm running an experiment where one of the blocks shows images that participants previously categorized in a certain way (i.e., in a previous block if they had responded "1" that item gets appended into a list). the number of trials in a new block is determined by the number of items in this appended list. is there a way i can have trial number be contingent on the length of the list? or have the block "run out" once the trials have sampled all of the items on the list?

thank you

Yes, you can define a /stop condition in the <block> that triggers once the number of trials in the block reaches the list's itemcount.

https://www.millisecond.com/support/docs/v6/html/language/attributes/stop.htm

https://www.millisecond.com/support/docs/v6/html/language/properties/itemcount.htm

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search