How to erase the picture stimuli that is used in the previous trials for the last trial, and keep...

How to erase the picture stimuli that is used in the previous trials...
Author
sodagreen_l
Associate Member (199 reputation)Associate Member (199 reputation)Associate Member (199 reputation)Associate Member (199 reputation)Associate Member (199 reputation)Associate Member (199 reputation)Associate Member (199 reputation)Associate Member (199 reputation)Associate Member (199 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Dear Dave,

For this block, I presented a pictorial stimuli that is I want it to be present for all the trials, but the last one. Because I need to present another picture for the last trial, and these two pictures overlapped. (please see the attached screenshot, I basically want to remove the overlapped picture in the middle of the text and the thermometer scale). Therefore, I want to remove the previous pictorial stimuli for this trial, but keep presenting this stimuli for all the previous trials. In addition, since I need to do some randomizations, I have to keep these trials in the same block.

I have tried make 0=blank for this last trial, as well as change the order of stimulusframes for this trial, but nothing changed.

Please see the following selected code (only for the first trial that present the pictorial stimuli, and the last trial that I want to remove that stimuli), I can also send the code for the whole block, if that's more helpful.

Thank you so much in advance!

<block no_mind_manipulation_check_and_explicit_attitude>
/ preinstructions = (no_mind_manipulationcheck_reminder)
/ trials = [1=nomind_intro_first_reminder;2-9=noreplacenorepeat(nomind_intro_other); 10=question_nomind;
11-15= noreplacenorepeat(no_mind_ratingquestion_pain,
no_mind_ratingquestion_pleasure,
no_mind_ratingquestion_plan,
no_mind_ratingquestion_control,
no_mind_ratingquestion_mind);
16-21=sequence(explicit_likert_nomind); 22=no_mind_thermometer]
</block>

<trial nomind_intro_first_reminder>
/ stimulustimes = [0=picture_nomind
,nomind_first_statement_reminder; 3000=continue]
/ validresponse = (" ")
/ posttrialpause = 1000
</trial>

<openended no_mind_thermometer>
/ stimulusframes=[1=thermo_rate_no_mind; 2=thermometer; 3=no_mind_number]
/ position = (27.5, 77)
/ linelength = 20
/ numlines = 1
/ charlimit = 2
/ range = (1,99)
/ required = true
</openended>

<text no_mind_number>
/ items = ("(please enter a number between 1 and 99)")
/ fontstyle = ("Arial", 11pt, false, true, false, false, 5)
/ position = (27.5%, 65%)
/ size = (25%, 5%)
/ erase = false
</text>

<picture thermometer>
/ items = ("thermometer.jpg")
/ position = (75%, 47.50%)
/ size = (65%, 65%)
/ erase = false
</picture>

<text thermo_rate_no_mind>
/ items = ("We are interested in how you feel, in general, about <%values.targetnameN%>.

Please look at the thermometer scale to determine how you generally feel about <%values.targetnameN%>.

If you your feelings lie somewhere between 1 and 49, that indicates you feel cold, or unfavorable, about <%values.targetnameN%>.

If your feelings lie at 50, that means that you feel neutral about <%values.targetnameN%>, and

if your feelings lie between 51 and 99 means that you feel warm, or favorable, about <%values.targetnameN%>.")
/ hjustify = left
/ fontstyle = ("Arial", 12pt, false, false, false, false, 5)
/ position = (27.5%, 42.5%)
/ size = (47.5%, 50%)
/ erase = false
</text>

(So I basically want to remove the "picture_nomind" for the thermometer trial.)

Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
sodagreen_l - 3/21/2022
Dear Dave,

For this block, I presented a pictorial stimuli that is I want it to be present for all the trials, but the last one. Because I need to present another picture for the last trial, and these two pictures overlapped. (please see the attached screenshot, I basically want to remove the overlapped picture in the middle of the text and the thermometer scale). Therefore, I want to remove the previous pictorial stimuli for this trial, but keep presenting this stimuli for all the previous trials. In addition, since I need to do some randomizations, I have to keep these trials in the same block.

I have tried make 0=blank for this last trial, as well as change the order of stimulusframes for this trial, but nothing changed.

Please see the following selected code (only for the first trial that present the pictorial stimuli, and the last trial that I want to remove that stimuli), I can also send the code for the whole block, if that's more helpful.

/ trials = [1=nomind_intro_first_reminder;2-9=noreplacenorepeat(nomind_intro_other); 10=question_nomind;
</block>

/ validresponse = (" ")
/ posttrialpause = 1000
</trial>

/ position = (27.5, 77)
/ linelength = 20
/ numlines = 1
/ charlimit = 2
/ range = (1,99)
/ required = true
</openended>

<text no_mind_number>
/ size = (25%, 5%)
/ erase = false
</text>

<picture thermometer>
/ size = (65%, 65%)
/ erase = false
</picture>

/ items = ("We are interested in how you feel, in general, about <%values.targetnameN%>.

Please look at the thermometer scale to determine how you generally feel about <%values.targetnameN%>.

If you your feelings lie somewhere between 1 and 49, that indicates you feel cold, or unfavorable, about <%values.targetnameN%>.

If your feelings lie at 50, that means that you feel neutral about <%values.targetnameN%>, and

if your feelings lie between 51 and 99 means that you feel warm, or favorable, about <%values.targetnameN%>.")
/ hjustify = left
/ size = (47.5%, 50%)
/ erase = false
</text>

https://www.millisecond.com/support/docs/v6/html/language/elements/clearscreen.htm

/ stimulusframes=[1=clearscreen, thermo_rate_no_mind; 2=thermometer; 3=no_mind_number]
/ position = (27.5, 77)
/ linelength = 20
/ numlines = 1
/ charlimit = 2
/ range = (1,99)
/ required = true
</openended>
sodagreen_l
sodagreen_l
Associate Member (199 reputation)Associate Member (199 reputation)Associate Member (199 reputation)Associate Member (199 reputation)Associate Member (199 reputation)Associate Member (199 reputation)Associate Member (199 reputation)Associate Member (199 reputation)Associate Member (199 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Dave - 3/21/2022
sodagreen_l - 3/21/2022
Dear Dave,

</block>

/ validresponse = (" ")
/ posttrialpause = 1000
</trial>

/ position = (27.5, 77)
/ linelength = 20
/ numlines = 1
/ charlimit = 2
/ range = (1,99)
/ required = true
</openended>

<text no_mind_number>
/ size = (25%, 5%)
/ erase = false
</text>

<picture thermometer>
/ size = (65%, 65%)
/ erase = false
</picture>

/ hjustify = left
/ size = (47.5%, 50%)
/ erase = false
</text>

https://www.millisecond.com/support/docs/v6/html/language/elements/clearscreen.htm

/ stimulusframes=[1=clearscreen, thermo_rate_no_mind; 2=thermometer; 3=no_mind_number]
/ position = (27.5, 77)
/ linelength = 20
/ numlines = 1
/ charlimit = 2
/ range = (1,99)
/ required = true
</openended>

It worked, thank you so much!
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...