parallel port warning

Author
tecnika
Guru (13K reputation)Guru (13K reputation)Guru (13K reputation)Guru (13K reputation)Guru (13K reputation)Guru (13K reputation)Guru (13K reputation)Guru (13K reputation)Guru (13K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hello, a script is sending out some events via parallel port to another system. However once the script has been run, the following warning message appears:

"Parallel port 3 not found on this machine."

The address is correct, but I am wondering why Inquisit doesn't like it and if this will have an impact on the timing.

Thank you and best wishes
Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
tecnika - 3/21/2022
Hello, a script is sending out some events via parallel port to another system. However once the script has been run, the following warning message appears:

The address is correct, but I am wondering why Inquisit doesn't like it and if this will have an impact on the timing.

The warning is a bug and will be fixed in the upcoming 6.5.3. If the signalling works fine otherwise, there is no reason to worry about it. If you do find that some or all signals are not going out from, please give the 6.5.3 pre-release available at https://staginginquisit.millisecond.com/6/6_5/win/Inquisit_653.exe a try and let us know if that resolves the problem on your device.

tecnika
tecnika
Guru (13K reputation)Guru (13K reputation)Guru (13K reputation)Guru (13K reputation)Guru (13K reputation)Guru (13K reputation)Guru (13K reputation)Guru (13K reputation)Guru (13K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Dave - 3/21/2022
tecnika - 3/21/2022

The warning is a bug and will be fixed in the upcoming 6.5.3. If the signalling works fine otherwise, there is no reason to worry about it. If you do find that some or all signals are not going out from, please give the 6.5.3 pre-release available at https://staginginquisit.millisecond.com/6/6_5/win/Inquisit_653.exe a try and let us know if that resolves the problem on your device.

Hello Dave,
I tried the pre-release and restarted the PC but I can see the same warning message. If it doesn't have any impact on the timing it's not a problem, just thought to let you know.
Best wishes

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search