Setting up field experiment with mobile devices

Author
Mi_Ar
New Member (27 reputation)New Member (27 reputation)New Member (27 reputation)New Member (27 reputation)New Member (27 reputation)New Member (27 reputation)New Member (27 reputation)New Member (27 reputation)New Member (27 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hello!
I was wondering if there is a way to avoid having to enter the experiment link in the Inquisit app every time a new testing session starts? When I go to "tests" in the application, it shows me the history of previous attempts. However, when I click on play it overrides the previous ID and therefore I end up with two data sets with the same ID.
Clicking on a link is not an option, as this is the pre-test and would need to be prepared as well. Since I am testing with children, I am looking for a simple solution. I am working with iPads, therefore with the iOS version of Inquisit.

Thank you for your help!

Best,
Michaela

Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
Mi_Ar - 4/4/2022
Hello!
I was wondering if there is a way to avoid having to enter the experiment link in the Inquisit app every time a new testing session starts? When I go to "tests" in the application, it shows me the history of previous attempts. However, when I click on play it overrides the previous ID and therefore I end up with two data sets with the same ID.
Clicking on a link is not an option, as this is the pre-test and would need to be prepared as well. Since I am testing with children, I am looking for a simple solution. I am working with iPads, therefore with the iOS version of Inquisit.

Thank you for your help!

Best,
Michaela

When you start an experiment via the tests tab in the player, you have several options:
(1) Enter an ID, click play.

(2) Use the last ID again.

(3) Generate a random ID:

Mi_Ar
Mi_Ar
New Member (27 reputation)New Member (27 reputation)New Member (27 reputation)New Member (27 reputation)New Member (27 reputation)New Member (27 reputation)New Member (27 reputation)New Member (27 reputation)New Member (27 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Thank you! I didn't realize that you could manipulate the ID in the tests tab.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search