Pseudo-random Trial Presentation

Author
ivy.c
Associate Member (153 reputation)Associate Member (153 reputation)Associate Member (153 reputation)Associate Member (153 reputation)Associate Member (153 reputation)Associate Member (153 reputation)Associate Member (153 reputation)Associate Member (153 reputation)Associate Member (153 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hello, 

I’m currently trying to create a pseudo-random order of the trials I present in a block (pasted below). Specifically, I would like the trials to be presented where there are no more than 5 consecutive “AX_Short_No” trials or two consecutive trials of another type (“AY_Short_No”, “BX_Short_No”, “BY_Short_No”).

<block shortnoreward_final>
/ preinstructions = (intro2)
/ trials = [1-100 = noreplace(AX_Short_No,AX_Short_No,AX_Short_No,AX_Short_No,BX_Short_No,AY_Short_No,BY_Short_No,BY_Short_No,BY_Short_No,BY_Short_No)]
/ onblockend = [list.corrRT_baseline_short.sort(false,false);    
values.index = 3;
values.cutoff_RT = list.corrRT_baseline_short.item(values.index);
]
</block>

Any help regarding this would be much appreciated! Thank you!
Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
ivy.c - 4/11/2022
Hello, 

I’m currently trying to create a pseudo-random order of the trials I present in a block (pasted below). Specifically, I would like the trials to be presented where there are no more than 5 consecutive “AX_Short_No” trials or two consecutive trials of another type (“AY_Short_No”, “BX_Short_No”, “BY_Short_No”).

/ trials = [1-100 = noreplace(AX_Short_No,AX_Short_No,AX_Short_No,AX_Short_No,BX_Short_No,AY_Short_No,BY_Short_No,BY_Short_No,BY_Short_No,BY_Short_No)]
values.index = 3;
]
</block>

If you can come up with an algorithm that generates sequences adhering to these constraints, I can show you how to implement it. Other than that, there are no bullt-in means to achieve what you want.

ivy.c
ivy.c
Associate Member (153 reputation)Associate Member (153 reputation)Associate Member (153 reputation)Associate Member (153 reputation)Associate Member (153 reputation)Associate Member (153 reputation)Associate Member (153 reputation)Associate Member (153 reputation)Associate Member (153 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Dave - 4/11/2022
ivy.c - 4/11/2022
Hello, 

values.index = 3;
]
</block>

If you can come up with an algorithm that generates sequences adhering to these constraints, I can show you how to implement it. Other than that, there are no bullt-in means to achieve what you want.

Hi Dave,

Thanks for the response. Could you clarify what you mean by an algorithm on my end? My coding knowledge is rather limited!

Thank you!
Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
ivy.c - 4/11/2022
Dave - 4/11/2022
ivy.c - 4/11/2022
Hello, 

values.index = 3;
]
</block>

Hi Dave,

Thanks for the response. Could you clarify what you mean by an algorithm on my end? My coding knowledge is rather limited!

Thank you!

An algorithm is a process or set of rules to be followed in calculations or other problem-solving operations: It generates a solution for a specific problem. If you can spell out a process, step-by-step, that generates a sequence "where there are no more than 5 consecutive “AX_Short_No” trials or two consecutive trials of another type (“AY_Short_No”, “BX_Short_No”, “BY_Short_No”)" then I can show you how to express that process in Inquisit syntax.

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search