html pictures show fine in lab but not web

Author
jakobskv
New Member (21 reputation)New Member (21 reputation)New Member (21 reputation)New Member (21 reputation)New Member (21 reputation)New Member (21 reputation)New Member (21 reputation)New Member (21 reputation)New Member (21 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I created html files for the instructions that have pictures. The pictures show in the lab version but not the web version. I tried some of the suggestions (e.g., make sure all the item names are lower case) but can't get the pictures to show. Does anyone have suggestions for how to make it work?
Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
jakobskv - 5/4/2022
I created html files for the instructions that have pictures. The pictures show in the lab version but not the web version. I tried some of the suggestions (e.g., make sure all the item names are lower case) but can't get the pictures to show. Does anyone have suggestions for how to make it work?

You used Microsoft Word to generate those HTMLs. Don't do that. Apart from generating terrible HTML that's often not cross-platform compatible, it will put any images etc. in weird subfolders, which exist on your computer, but do not exist online.

The best advice I can give you is to write simple, clean HTML from scratch -- it's not difficult, you can pick up the necessary basics within a few hours from places like https://www.w3schools.com/html/ .

jakobskv
jakobskv
New Member (21 reputation)New Member (21 reputation)New Member (21 reputation)New Member (21 reputation)New Member (21 reputation)New Member (21 reputation)New Member (21 reputation)New Member (21 reputation)New Member (21 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Dave - 5/6/2022
jakobskv - 5/4/2022

You used Microsoft Word to generate those HTMLs. Don't do that. Apart from generating terrible HTML that's often not cross-platform compatible, it will put any images etc. in weird subfolders, which exist on your computer, but do not exist online.

The best advice I can give you is to write simple, clean HTML from scratch -- it's not difficult, you can pick up the necessary basics within a few hours from places like https://www.w3schools.com/html/ .

Thank you! I think I have it figured out already :)
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search