stimuli near the end of a trial with variable trial duration

Author
nidhi_desai
Respected Member (474 reputation)Respected Member (474 reputation)Respected Member (474 reputation)Respected Member (474 reputation)Respected Member (474 reputation)Respected Member (474 reputation)Respected Member (474 reputation)Respected Member (474 reputation)Respected Member (474 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi, 
Is there a way to add stimuli near the end of the trial even though the trial duration is variable. The trialduration is calcuated using the rand(lowerLimit, upperLimit) function for each trial. But I need to add a few stimuli 10 ms before the end of this trial. Is there a way to do this besides just starting in new <trial> for the last 10 ms.

Thank you,
Nidhi Desai
Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
nidhi_desai - 4/24/2022
Hi, 
Is there a way to add stimuli near the end of the trial even though the trial duration is variable. The trialduration is calcuated using the rand(lowerLimit, upperLimit) function for each trial. But I need to add a few stimuli 10 ms before the end of this trial. Is there a way to do this besides just starting in new <trial> for the last 10 ms.

Thank you,
Nidhi Desai

You can insert a stimulus into a trial's stimulus presentation sequence at a variable time per its insertstimulustime() function.

https://www.millisecond.com/support/docs/current/html/language/functions/insertstimulustime.htm

nidhi_desai
nidhi_desai
Respected Member (474 reputation)Respected Member (474 reputation)Respected Member (474 reputation)Respected Member (474 reputation)Respected Member (474 reputation)Respected Member (474 reputation)Respected Member (474 reputation)Respected Member (474 reputation)Respected Member (474 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Thank you Dave for your response. I had tried using insertstimulustime in the past, but remember if it cause issues when the stimulus was a <port> instead of some other display type of stimuli. I am wondering if the insertstimulustime would work with inserting a port element into the trial as well??
Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
nidhi_desai - 5/4/2022
Thank you Dave for your response. I had tried using insertstimulustime in the past, but remember if it cause issues when the stimulus was a <port> instead of some other display type of stimuli. I am wondering if the insertstimulustime would work with inserting a port element into the trial as well??

Yes, you can absolutely use it to insert a port stimulus into the stimulus presentation sequence. The type of stimulus really does not matter.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search