Inexplicable errors

Author
Sercan
Partner Member (947 reputation)Partner Member (947 reputation)Partner Member (947 reputation)Partner Member (947 reputation)Partner Member (947 reputation)Partner Member (947 reputation)Partner Member (947 reputation)Partner Member (947 reputation)Partner Member (947 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
During testing experiment-ID 63356 I recently encountered two inexplicable errors. I'd like to ask what you think these might be caused by.

During a testing session of participant 99999888 in group 1, task aat_train.iqx closed without an error message, without saving a raw data file, and without going through the entire list of blocks. Since there is no error message, I do not know what I need to fix. The shutdown cannot be explained by any abort functions or ctrl+Q. I have not been able to replicate this error again today, but I know it occurs frequently. Do you know of any events that cause this error?

And during the testing session of this same participant in group 2, the received error message in aat_train.iqx was: Inquisit Error: Manager::instance()->prepare() failed, Line 2168, File Script.cpp.
I have also not been able to replicate this issue later on. Do you know what causes this kind of error?

Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
Sercan - 5/23/2022
During testing experiment-ID 63356 I recently encountered two inexplicable errors. I'd like to ask what you think these might be caused by.

During a testing session of participant 99999888 in group 1, task aat_train.iqx closed without an error message, without saving a raw data file, and without going through the entire list of blocks. Since there is no error message, I do not know what I need to fix. The shutdown cannot be explained by any abort functions or ctrl+Q. I have not been able to replicate this error again today, but I know it occurs frequently. Do you know of any events that cause this error?

And during the testing session of this same participant in group 2, the received error message in aat_train.iqx was: Inquisit Error: Manager::instance()->prepare() failed, Line 2168, File Script.cpp.
I have also not been able to replicate this issue later on. Do you know what causes this kind of error?

Please provide the link to the experiment.

Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
Dave - 5/23/2022
Sercan - 5/23/2022

Nevermind, I've located the experiment. Regarding the 1st issue, the data shows the following:
(1) During the aat_train script, participant 99999888 in group 1 started the pretestcrave survey (2nd block in the script). That's where the script sat for more than 4 minutes, ultimately ending without any response to the slider, indicating script termination via CTRL+Q.

Following termination, the survey data file was uploaded, and the summary data file followed one second after. Note that values.completed (0) in the summary data file also indicates premature script termination. No raw data was collected by the aat_train script at this point, so there simply was no raw data file to upload.
(2) Regarding the second issue,

Inquisit Error: Manager::instance()->prepare() failed, Line 2168, File Script.cpp

is the general hardware initialization function. An error here indicates that some piece of hardware could not be initialized, either because it was disconnected or otherwise unavailable (e.g. locked / in exclusive use by some other application). In the context of the script at hand, the most likely culprit here is the joystick not having been connected.

Sercan
Sercan
Partner Member (947 reputation)Partner Member (947 reputation)Partner Member (947 reputation)Partner Member (947 reputation)Partner Member (947 reputation)Partner Member (947 reputation)Partner Member (947 reputation)Partner Member (947 reputation)Partner Member (947 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Dave - 5/23/2022
Dave - 5/23/2022
Sercan - 5/23/2022

Nevermind, I've located the experiment. Regarding the 1st issue, the data shows the following:
(1) During the aat_train script, participant 99999888 in group 1 started the pretestcrave survey (2nd block in the script). That's where the script sat for more than 4 minutes, ultimately ending without any response to the slider, indicating script termination via CTRL+Q.

Following termination, the survey data file was uploaded, and the summary data file followed one second after. Note that values.completed (0) in the summary data file also indicates premature script termination. No raw data was collected by the aat_train script at this point, so there simply was no raw data file to upload.
(2) Regarding the second issue,

Inquisit Error: Manager::instance()->prepare() failed, Line 2168, File Script.cpp

is the general hardware initialization function. An error here indicates that some piece of hardware could not be initialized, either because it was disconnected or otherwise unavailable (e.g. locked / in exclusive use by some other application). In the context of the script at hand, the most likely culprit here is the joystick not having been connected.

Thanks so much Dave, that's all I need to know!

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search