saving values appended to a list from one script to transfer to another

Author
nrouhani
Distinguished Member (3.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.3K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
hello, 

in my experiment, images are randomly selected (indices from a list) and shown to a participant in the first block; those indices (or values) are then appended to a new list. i then use these indices from the list generated by the first block to build a particular sequence of images in the second block (i.e., given their position in the first block). i am looking to use this script in an fMRI experiment, and it would help to have separate scripts for the blocks in case of troubleshooting. is there a way i could automatically save the list of indices appended in the first block to then feed into a separate script for the second block? 

thank you for your help!
Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
nrouhani - 5/27/2022
hello, 

in my experiment, images are randomly selected (indices from a list) and shown to a participant in the first block; those indices (or values) are then appended to a new list. i then use these indices from the list generated by the first block to build a particular sequence of images in the second block (i.e., given their position in the first block). i am looking to use this script in an fMRI experiment, and it would help to have separate scripts for the blocks in case of troubleshooting. is there a way i could automatically save the list of indices appended in the first block to then feed into a separate script for the second block? 

thank you for your help!

Not quite automatically, but see https://forums.millisecond.com/Topic31950.aspx
nrouhani
nrouhani
Distinguished Member (3.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.3K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Dave - 5/27/2022
nrouhani - 5/27/2022
hello, 

thank you for your help!

thank you! one other question, if i wanted to start a script on the second (versus the first) block, is there a way to do so without the second block as its own experiment?
Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
nrouhani - 5/27/2022
Dave - 5/27/2022
nrouhani - 5/27/2022
hello, 

thank you for your help!

thank you! one other question, if i wanted to start a script on the second (versus the first) block, is there a way to do so without the second block as its own experiment?

You could certainly build some logic that, say, uses a /skip attribute in the first block to omit said first block if you enter a certain group number.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search