Radiobuttons layout

Author
anabela_c
Respected Member (320 reputation)Respected Member (320 reputation)Respected Member (320 reputation)Respected Member (320 reputation)Respected Member (320 reputation)Respected Member (320 reputation)Respected Member (320 reputation)Respected Member (320 reputation)Respected Member (320 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi Dave,

I'm trying to customize the distance between two values using a horizontal radiobuttons, so that each text option appears aligned below two images. The only way I found to do the trick was to use a space after the text, as follows:

<radiobuttons Example>
/ options = ("First option            ", "Second option")
/ orientation = horizontal
/ optionvalues = ("1", "2")
/ responsefontstyle = ("Arial", 3%, true)
/ size = (50, 10)
/ position = (30%, 70%)
</radiobuttons>

<surveypage Examplee>
/ questions = [1=Example]
/ stimulusframes = [1 = PartnersPic]
/ showbackbutton = false
/ showquestionnumbers = false
/ showpagenumbers = false
/ showmousecursor = true
/ navigationbuttonsize = (15,5)
/ finishlabel = "Continue"
/ nextbuttonposition = (42,90)
</surveypage>

<picture PartnersPic>
/ items = ("160200_new.png")
/ position = (50%,45%)
/ size = (65%,65%)
</picture>

<block Exa>
/ trials = [
1 = Examplee]
</block>

<expt Exam>
/ blocks = [
1 = Exa]
</expt>

However, when I tried the experiment on a colleague's computer, the text with the space was a bit hidden below the image (so that "First option" appeared higher than "Second option"). This does not seem to be due to the screen resolution, but at least seems to be fixed when I remove the space after "First option". Therefore, do you know how to adjust the distance between the text, without using the space?

Thanks in advance!!
anabela_c
anabela_c
Respected Member (320 reputation)Respected Member (320 reputation)Respected Member (320 reputation)Respected Member (320 reputation)Respected Member (320 reputation)Respected Member (320 reputation)Respected Member (320 reputation)Respected Member (320 reputation)Respected Member (320 reputation)
anabela_c - 6/9/2022
Hi Dave,

I'm trying to customize the distance between two values using a horizontal radiobuttons, so that each text option appears aligned below two images. The only way I found to do the trick was to use a space after the text, as follows:

<radiobuttons Example>
/ size = (50, 10)
/ position = (30%, 70%)
</radiobuttons>

<surveypage Examplee>
/ showbackbutton = false
/ showmousecursor = true
</surveypage>

<picture PartnersPic>
/ position = (50%,45%)
/ size = (65%,65%)
</picture>

<block Exa>
/ trials = [
1 = Examplee]
</block>

<expt Exam>
/ blocks = [
1 = Exa]
</expt>

However, when I tried the experiment on a colleague's computer, the text with the space was a bit hidden below the image (so that "First option" appeared higher than "Second option"). This does not seem to be due to the screen resolution, but at least seems to be fixed when I remove the space after "First option". Therefore, do you know how to adjust the distance between the text, without using the space?

Thanks in advance!!

Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
anabela_c - 6/9/2022
anabela_c - 6/9/2022
Hi Dave,

<radiobuttons Example>
/ size = (50, 10)
/ position = (30%, 70%)
</radiobuttons>

<surveypage Examplee>
/ showbackbutton = false
/ showmousecursor = true
</surveypage>

<picture PartnersPic>
/ position = (50%,45%)
/ size = (65%,65%)
</picture>

<block Exa>
/ trials = [
1 = Examplee]
</block>

<expt Exam>
/ blocks = [
1 = Exa]
</expt>

Thanks in advance!!

There's no way to manipulate the distance between options other than padding the length using spaces or similar (e.g. tabs, that is ~t; https://www.millisecond.com/support/docs/v5/html/language/specialchars.htm ). In addition, you'll want to specify a consistent /canvasaspectratio in <defaults> to avoid alignment issues due to varying resolutions and aspect ratios. https://www.millisecond.com/support/docs/v5/html/language/attributes/canvasaspectratio.htm

anabela_c
anabela_c
Dave - 6/9/2022
anabela_c - 6/9/2022
anabela_c - 6/9/2022
Hi Dave,

<radiobuttons Example>
/ size = (50, 10)
/ position = (30%, 70%)
</radiobuttons>

<surveypage Examplee>
/ showbackbutton = false
/ showmousecursor = true
</surveypage>

<picture PartnersPic>
/ position = (50%,45%)
/ size = (65%,65%)
</picture>

<block Exa>
/ trials = [
1 = Examplee]
</block>

<expt Exam>
/ blocks = [
1 = Exa]
</expt>

Thanks in advance!!

There's no way to manipulate the distance between options other than padding the length using spaces or similar (e.g. tabs, that is ~t; https://www.millisecond.com/support/docs/v5/html/language/specialchars.htm ). In addition, you'll want to specify a consistent /canvasaspectratio in <defaults> to avoid alignment issues due to varying resolutions and aspect ratios. https://www.millisecond.com/support/docs/v5/html/language/attributes/canvasaspectratio.htm

thanks a lot!
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search