Switch from Inquisit 5 to Inquisit 6 with the same Code

Author
dschulz
Associate Member (287 reputation)Associate Member (287 reputation)Associate Member (287 reputation)Associate Member (287 reputation)Associate Member (287 reputation)Associate Member (287 reputation)Associate Member (287 reputation)Associate Member (287 reputation)Associate Member (287 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hey all, hey Dave :)

I'm thinking about switching the data collection from using Inquisit 5 to Inquisit 6 (my Uni has both licenses). There are major problems with the soundcapture functionality in Inquisit 5, that might not occur with Inquisit 6.
However, I am afraid, the experiments might not work the same in Iq6. I already found, that PNG files are not displayed the same way but I could switch those to JPG. The problem is, that the experiment ist very long (4 Sessions and ~2 hrs per session), so checking everything in detail would take weeks.
Can I assume, that the core functionality (except maybe for some stimuli) will work the same across both versions?

Thank you in advance and best,
Daniel
Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
dschulz - 7/6/2022

I'm thinking about switching the data collection from using Inquisit 5 to Inquisit 6 (my Uni has both licenses). There are major problems with the soundcapture functionality in Inquisit 5, that might not occur with Inquisit 6.
However, I am afraid, the experiments might not work the same in Iq6. I already found, that PNG files are not displayed the same way but I could switch those to JPG. The problem is, that the experiment ist very long (4 Sessions and ~2 hrs per session), so checking everything in detail would take weeks.
Can I assume, that the core functionality (except maybe for some stimuli) will work the same across both versions?

Daniel

Some minor tweaks might be necessary, but all in all your Inquisit 5 code should work the same under Inquisit 6 as it does under Inquisit 5.
dschulz
dschulz
Associate Member (287 reputation)Associate Member (287 reputation)Associate Member (287 reputation)Associate Member (287 reputation)Associate Member (287 reputation)Associate Member (287 reputation)Associate Member (287 reputation)Associate Member (287 reputation)Associate Member (287 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Dave - 7/6/2022
dschulz - 7/6/2022

Daniel

Some minor tweaks might be necessary, but all in all your Inquisit 5 code should work the same under Inquisit 6 as it does under Inquisit 5.

Great to know,

thank you for the helpful and quick response!

Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
dschulz - 7/6/2022
Dave - 7/6/2022
dschulz - 7/6/2022

Daniel

Great to know,

thank you for the helpful and quick response!

If you notice any specific problem with any of your scripts under version 6, please feel free to post them here and I'll be happy to provide guidance on what needs to be changed.

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search